Leaked Eclipse Cross Brochure - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Leaked Eclipse Cross Brochure

There was apparently a leak for the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross design manual brochure thing and it says it'll debut in Japan in December. Can't really make much out but the site that posted is does have some info listed as well. Presumably from the writing in the brochure?

Quote:
Mitsubishi says that the Eclipse Cross is an all-new compact SUV that will join the ASX and Outlander in the company's portfolio. Coming in at 4,405 mm long, 1,805 mm tall and 1,685 mm wide, the new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross is 110 mm longer, 35 mm higher and 70 mm wider than the Mitsubishi ASX. The 2,670 mm wheelbase is identical for both models.
Quote:
Two engines will be made available on the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, a 1.5-litre direct-injection turbocharged petrol engine paired to a CVT and a 2.2-litre turbodiesel paired to an eight-speed automatic. 4WD will come as standard fitment, which is further bolstered by Mitsubishi's Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) and Active Yaw Control (AYC).
https://www.carlist.my/news/leaked-m...ecember/45367/

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 PM

I feel like the 2.2-litre turbodiesel will be limited to Japan and Europe, but North America may not get it. Great to hear that 4WD will come as standard since that's my usually preference next to AWD.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Almost guaranteed as that has been, and continues to be the growing trend with vehicles that are being released. Europe will get the diesel options and NA would get 2 different gasoline options.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Shame that diesel isn't coming overseas because it wouldn't be a package too far off from what other brands are doing. If BMW can bring out a diesel 3-series, why can't we have a diesel Eclipse Cross? Even entry-level trucks are getting diesel engines.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Don't think the sales are really worth it for them I guess. I mean don't quote me 100% that they won't bring it over but I just don't think it'll happen. With everyone going under fire with diesels in NA , they may just want to stay out of that whole ordeal
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:30 PM

Well the segment is lucrative and has the buyer potential to make this possible. That being the case I think it just comes down to how badly Mitsu wants to do it. Maybe if it doesn't happen by the 2nd model year we might not see it at all.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Definitely a possibility and a good way to try and foresee it. I don't think Mitsubishi has been under fire for anything diesel related so they may be one of the brands that consumers will be trusting for now in regards to going the diesel route?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GSX View Post
Definitely a possibility and a good way to try and foresee it. I don't think Mitsubishi has been under fire for anything diesel related so they may be one of the brands that consumers will be trusting for now in regards to going the diesel route?
Mitsu flys under the radar last I checked so overall people's view of them is quite positive, it's almost just a matter for them to come out with certain products, sit back and collect the profits. They have done well in the past with products like the Lancer. That should tell us something.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately we've seen the end of the Evo which I think was the big thing for them. Hopefully they follow up with something on par or better than that
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GSX View Post
Unfortunately we've seen the end of the Evo which I think was the big thing for them. Hopefully they follow up with something on par or better than that
I like to think that the most they come out with regular models like what this forum is based on the better the odds we have of seeing something high performance eventually. Not as easy to make that happen when you don't have enough regular vehicle for sale.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page