Joining a growing crowd... - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
Very nice addition but I believe there are coatings that can help protect them for anyone wanting a cost effective method and stay mostly original.
Unfortunately, in Australia they only offer a front illuminated scuff plate and even the image on the Mitsubishi Australia accessories page is taken from the left hand drive version going by the lock clips in the carpet mat on the floor which are only on the drivers side. The vinyl type coatings for these areas are only for the painted sill that I can find. The rough plastic of the sill trim would not allow a vinyl to adhere properly. I'll certainly check the look before setting them in place but I am confident they will be an advantage and save on wear and tear. They're only seen when the door is open so don't detract from the look of the EC on the road. Pics to follow once they arrive...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbs View Post
Unfortunately, in Australia they only offer a front illuminated scuff plate and even the image on the Mitsubishi Australia accessories page is taken from the left hand drive version going by the lock clips in the carpet mat on the floor which are only on the drivers side. The vinyl type coatings for these areas are only for the painted sill that I can find. The rough plastic of the sill trim would not allow a vinyl to adhere properly. I'll certainly check the look before setting them in place but I am confident they will be an advantage and save on wear and tear. They're only seen when the door is open so don't detract from the look of the EC on the road. Pics to follow once they arrive...
I have Mitsubishi illuminated scuff plates fitted.

The front two are illuminated and there are rear door plates not illuminated.

So, the set is for 4 sill plates.
zarbs likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got my set of chrome door handles to match the door bowl covers. The original set I ordered on eBay were sent for a left hand drive EC plus didn't have the button holes for the keyless entry. They refunded most of the cost and I got a set from AliExpress that fitted perfectly. I've had chrome handles for the last four of my Mitsi's which were standard. This is the first one that didn't have them though they are an available accessory on the US EC. I prefer bright to things like carbon fibre. IMHO carbon fibre makes the car look dirty. YMMV...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4525.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4526.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4527.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	255   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4532.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	257  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
I have Mitsubishi illuminated scuff plates fitted.

The front two are illuminated and there are rear door plates not illuminated.

So, the set is for 4 sill plates.
Great to hear but I balk at paying AU$371 for the genuine part just to have illumination.
oldsalt likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page