Direct supplier for accessories... - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Direct supplier for accessories...

Hi to all,

There have been numerous posts regarding where to buy trim accessories in this forum. I have found the most reliable seller who has both eBay and AliExpress stores also has a direct purchase web site. The seller CarTrimHome consistently ships my orders in the shortest time. Of the CF items I ordered last week on eBay theirs arrived in 6 days from China. This has been the case with previous orders as well. The items are cheaper in nearly all cases when comparing like for like on eBay and AliExpress. They don't have a huge range (79 in total) but what they have is good value. They also don't need to factor in the commission cost of selling on eBay and AliExpress.

I was looking for this chrome trim item to accentuate the rear tail light from the rest of the red bodywork:

https://cartrimhome.com/Rear-Tail-Li...clipse%20cross

after seeing it on eBay where I wasn't happy to pay the price of the seller. They wanted AU$60 plus AU$60 shipping which is outrageous. I did a search and the one above came up. It is only $40 plus AU$28 for shipping via EMS which I have found to be the quickest method out of China. That's half the eBay price almost. They also had a few little extras like a CF cover for the USB and 12v power outlet in the console that I hadn't seen anywhere else for AU$13.52 and it's painted stainless steel:

https://cartrimhome.com/1pcs-Steel-C...ross&limit=100

I ordered four items in total and the EMS shipping was very reasonable. Have a look at the site when you have time. This link brings up all the EC related products:

https://cartrimhome.com/index.php?ro...ross&limit=100

If you intend too purchase make sure you change the currency applicable to you one by selecting it from the drop down menu on the upper left just above the site banner. Happy shopping...

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)

Last edited by zarbs; 08-06-2019 at 09:07 PM.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the parts super fast. Shipped Friday afternoon out of China and I picked them up from the post office today, Tuesday, so a good time but I did pay a bit extra to get them EMS. Very happy with one item in particular which is the chrome surround for the tail lights. Being a red light on my Red Diamond background the styling cues of the light were lost in that sea of red. Other colours don't suffer the same problem and the styling shows out. I added this trim and I believe it accentuates the styling cue as Mitsubishi designers intended. I am very happy with the look. I wouldn't be surprised if they added these to a later EC version as a style upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4660.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	359   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4662.jpg
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	361   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4661.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4663.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	365   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4664.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	367  

Name:	IMG_4665 (1).jpg
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	369  

Last edited by zarbs; 08-12-2019 at 10:17 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:30 PM

Feedback on parts and accessories don't get better than this, that is, seeing first hand experienced along with pictures and feedback of the product.

Any concerns about fading?
If you're doing anything to prevent it, I'd be interested in knowing.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
Any concerns about fading?
If you're doing anything to prevent it, I'd be interested in knowing.
I don't envisage any issues with fading. Only time will tell but my previous Mitsi's with added exterior chrome haven't exhibited yellowing over time. I have encountered yellowing on cheaper parts like chrome tow ball covers which yellowed and then faded over around two years in the sun but not these add ons. These items have a heavy feel and the chrome is a strong bluish tinge and quite bright. The tow ball cover coating always looked and felt cheap. The EC, as with my previous cars, is garaged when not being driven which would also assist in keeping ageing effects to a minimum. Being affixed with 3M tape means they are easy to remove if the need arises.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So, I'm back online after a months holiday through Scandinavia, Germany, Russia and a visit to family in Slovakia. Whilst I was away the final bit of my exterior tweaks arrived. The upper rear window has a black ABS plastic trim which I think looks tacky. I replaced it with a chromed trim from this online seller. Originally it didn't ship and they apologised and sent it express while I was away. It arrived packed to a hardwood tray in a large cardboard box. I think it finishes the tail nicely...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5275.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5276.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	377  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version