Nudge Bar - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 12:02 AM

Garage
I have been wanting to get a light bar for the EC but all the safety sensors on the front meant you couldn't fit one without affecting the sensor area. This mounting should not be a problem in that regard. I've bitten the bullet and am waiting for a reply for freight cost. I can get it for at least $200 of the listed dealer price so it is worth it. Now to find a light bar that will fit. It looks to be about 18" (~46cm) long.

@oldsalt Can you ask the guy what brand and size info. Him being in NT I would suspect it has a good light output for country driving which is what I'm after being in a rural location. Haven't done FaceBook for 4 years and no intention to go back...

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

OK, I will ask him, he did say he threw out the installation instructions.

The bloke at Australian Motors now tells me he made an error and the nudge bar is an extra $100.00.

To be honest, I am seriously thinking of trading in the EC for a KIA Seltos GT.

Too many hassles with Mitsubishi Australia and my local dealer.

I just phoned MMAL and they are saying that their technical staff say there is no Version U, it's O and that's it.

I was speaking to a very young female who was actually rude and refused to view your photos showing Version U.

I asked for a complaints officer and she said that was her, I worked security for MMAL back in the day and they are now a very different company in a bad way.

Their dealers have no idea and couldn't care less once they sell you the vehicle, mind you if head office don't pass the info onto the dealers then I can't really blame them.

MMAL have actually turned me against ever buying another of their vehicles and I have owned 13 new Mitzi's over the past 19 years. A mate of mine (neighbour) owned the dealership and as I don't pay GST or stamp duty on cars, I would change over nearly every year. I have owned Magna's, Verada, several Outlanders, a Lancer, a few ASX's and now the EC. My mate sold the business to a bloke I don't like, hence I had to go to a new dealer.

The car industry is stuffed, I inquired about a Rav 4 hybrid and was told there was a 12 month wait, maybe I will just get a push bike!
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:56 AM

Garage
Understand completely.

Got the nudge bar from Eastside and it came to just under the price you were first quoted with shipping included. The bottom section of the mounting kit looks to fit to the two bolts at either side of the lower air intake (when viewed from the front, in the recesses) which support the lower (pedestrian protection) bar and the bumper itself. The Eastside guy says there are two 30mm holes in the silver bumper cover to mount the bottom bar ends to the internal mount. All sounds quite simple but once it's on it'll stay there as I don't want to be replacing the bumper cover. Going by Mitsubishi pricing it'll be worth its weight in gold. The installation instructions will come with the nudge bar package if my previous Mitsubishi parts purchases are anything to go by.

I want to organise the LED light bar before fitting the nudge bar so I don't have to take it off ever again...

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

I have asked the bloke for all details of his light bar, no response yet.

I just phoned Stillwell KIA about the Seltos, I just can't win. The Seltos was released about 2 weeks ago, Stillwell tell me that there are only 10 of the vehicles in Australia and all are being used for motor journalists to test.

To "view" one you need to contact a dealer to see if a journo is not using it.

No idea what models and colors they will get or when they will get them.

These car manufacturers and their dealers just expect everyone to cop their terms, they don't seem to care about the customer or potential customers.

I will post the response about the light bar when I get it.
zarbs likes this.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

zarbs, here is the info you were after.

I don't think going be issues with the air flow is got an air ducts on each side to get most air into and a lot of room between intercooler and light bar, or you can go for King 20" Slim line,mine is Stedi ST3301 18.6", all sensors work find😁😁 Also you can check the link below I upload it last night.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

The guy in Darwin posted this photo.

Link to the light bar https://www.stedi.com.au/st3301-20-i...light-bar.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74389784_2540876782693304_806691378988843008_o.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	471  

Last edited by oldsalt; 10-31-2019 at 08:31 PM.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
The guy in Darwin posted this photo.
Yep, fit's as I imagined it from the overall pic he posted. The lower mounting points are where you need to penetrate the lower bumper with 30mm holes to fix the bar ends. Interested to know why he has circled the area with the yellow. Did the description note why?

I will check out the light bar he uses though I have found the 20" KING on eBay for $59.95:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kings-20...8AAOSwT9lcyke-

Also a wiring harness which has a blue illuminated switch which should mount into one of the spare slots on the safety switches control panel next to the drivers door:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Wiri...y/232485470375

As a final query can you ask the guy where he connected the light bar relay into the high beam lighting circuit? I'm thinking it's the Headlamp Relay (HI) in the engine bay fuse box but he may have put it somewhere else. Can he post a pic also of which area he chose to pass through the firewall for the control switch mechanism?

Lots of questions I know but I dread going back on FB just for this. Ask him, by FB direct message, if he has an email address I can contact him directly. Thanks for being the messenger with this.

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 09:02 PM

Garage
Just checked the STEDI web site and see that they have a plug and play harness that connects to the back of the headlight so no need to splice into the relay box. I think this will be the pone for me as it has a standard DT plug on the light end to connect the light bar. Cheap at $34.99. Stillionterested to find out how he got the switch into the cabin through the firewall though...

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbs View Post
Just checked the STEDI web site and see that they have a plug and play harness that connects to the back of the headlight
Unfortunately, not for the EC. As it has LED headlights it does not have any of the standard H type connectors so they can't supply a plug and play attachment. BUGGER! I'll still need to know from the FB guy where he connected the relay wiring for the light bar electrics...

post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Got a quote from another dealer for a nudge bar.

Their quote was just over $1000 installed and that's GST free.

Doesn't really matter as they are on back order expected to arrive mid December.

Obvious that they can get stuffed.