Nudge Bar - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Nudge Bar

There is an EC Facebook page and this guy has posted a photo of his latest modification.

He installed a nudge bar and LED light bar, I have asked where he got the nudge bar as it's not OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73524528_2540119352769047_6023908915035504640_o.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	439  
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:25 PM

Garage
Nudge bar was available in chrome when I bought mine but baulked at the $900+ price. It's available this year on the MY20 in black also. I wonder how the addition of the LED light bar would affect the working of the turbo intercooler mounted behind it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 10.22.59 am.png
Views:	23
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	441  

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

This guy paid $720 from https://www.darwinmotorgroup.com.au/parts/ He installed it himself.

Seems they are OEM, my mistake.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 09:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
This guy paid $720 from https://www.darwinmotorgroup.com.au/parts/ He installed it himself.

Seems they are OEM, my mistake.
Available on eBay from Eastside Mitsubishi in Melbourne plus there is a discount available when I view it. $685.24 but then you need to add freight cost. Also available from Australia Motors in WA but their freight cost would be higher and they don't offer the discount. Interesting but the listed discount ends today at midnight.

Can you get the guy to post a pic of the install instructions? My Pajero nudge bar was easy to install on the lower end but fiddly at the top as you had to cut and modify the grille to connect it. I'd like to know how much cutting is involved before proceeding. From the pics it looks like you need to penetrate the lower (silver) valance of the bumper to secure it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 11.10.32 am.png
Views:	18
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	443  

Last edited by zarbs; 10-30-2019 at 09:18 PM.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 09:30 PM

Garage
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...wAAOSw1ZpbF3JP

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbs View Post
Available on eBay from Eastside Mitsubishi in Melbourne plus there is a discount available when I view it. $685.24 but then you need to add freight cost. Also available from Australia Motors in WA but their freight cost would be higher and they don't offer the discount. Interesting but the listed discount ends today at midnight.

Can you get the guy to post a pic of the install instructions? My Pajero nudge bar was easy to install on the lower end but fiddly at the top as you had to cut and modify the grille to connect it. I'd like to know how much cutting is involved before proceeding. From the pics it looks like you need to penetrate the lower (silver) valance of the bumper to secure it.
Good find zarbs, seems Australian Motors are in Adelaide not WA, makes it easier for me if I decided to get one.

I have asked the guy about an install manual, he did say it took 20min to remove the front bumper.

I'm gunna ask Australian Motors for an install cost.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 10:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Good find zarbs, seems Australian Motors are in Adelaide not WA
Yep, I'm confusing them with the guys I bought the bonnet protector from in WA. Even with freight it was 60% of the price Mitsubishi wanted as an accessory fitted.

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:15 PM

Garage
Checking the front of my EC and looking at the pic of the bar fitted there are four fitting points which I have marked in the pic. The top two bolts connect the fitting kit to the bumper support beam which runs behind the upper bumper and a smaller support rail along the bottom bumper section. I surmise that you remove the bumper and fit the nudge bar carrier to the bumper support beam structure and then replace the bumper and connect the nudge bar to the frame where it protrudes forward from the air intake openings. I don't have an issue with getting the bumper off as I've had experience fitting a towbar to my partners car where the rear bumper had to be removed and replaced. It's a relatively simply job so long as you have a diagram to work from and the Russian web manuals cover the removal and replacement in a step by step process with a comprehensive diagram (see pic).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nudge bar mounts.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	584.2 KB
ID:	449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 1.10.05 pm.png
Views:	20
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	451  

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Australian Motors quote is The total cost of supply & install gst exempt is $792.06

I am a TPI and don't pay GST on car parts.

Seems OK for an installed price.
zarbs likes this.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Australian Motors quote is The total cost of supply & install gst exempt is $792.06

I am a TPI and don't pay GST on car parts.

Seems OK for an installed price.
Most definitely, coinsidering they're selling it for close to that without install on eBay. Works out to around $30 for installation which is a bargain.

A check of the workshop manual shows around 10 easy to access bolts and three claw clip locations on either side at the wheel well/panel junctions. Well worth a fiddle I think especially if I can get it for $685 plus freight...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page