Door Locks locking when driving - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Door Locks locking when driving

Hello everyone! Iím so excited to own my EC SEL. Love everything about it! My past cars Iíve had the door locks will automatically lock when I start driving. My EC is not doing this. Iíve looked in the manual and canít find anything on this. Does anyone know if this is an option and if so how can I change it so they do lock when driving? I have a SEL with touring package if that helps. Thanks everyone!!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Hey there swirly. To be honest this sort of safety feature should have been engaged from factory but I know that that it can typically be engaged/disengaged by cycling the ignition on and off, as well as button presses on your key fob. Would have no idea how to do that on the EC specifically though.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:49 PM

That's curious! I just checked and that isn't an option. There are several unlock options available through Vehicle Settings (via head unit), but not an auto-lock. I didn't want to drive off the driveway today but I did check putting the vehicle in gear - both reverse and forward drive. No joy.

Quite a gotcha - good find! Lots of other customization options, but not auto-lock on Drive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page