This system is so worthless. Im shocked they can't come out with something better. Mine constantly says it's started but hasn't. Then when it does start it reloads and indicates it hasn't. I stopped using it at all. I'll stick with my fob autostart. It also can't tell me where my car is, but it will show me on the map, lol.
I had that happen to me, too. I think the software connecting to the app is incredibly buggy, but they keep working on it. I actually used the Mitsubishi Connect info button in the cabin to report the issue and they reached out to me by email (as requested). For the maps thing try this ...
1. Login To the My Mitsubishi Connect App
2. Click on the Settings icon
3. Once the Account Setting screen appears, please click on the "Manage Vehicles" section
4. On the Manage Vehicles screen, please toggle the setting for "Privacy Mode" until you see the grey section on the right of the switch turn red. You will need to enter your PIN for the setting to be modified and after the option has been enabled, you will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode enabled successfully"
5. Next, turn the privacy mode off. You will slide the button back to the left and you will see the red on the right of the button return to grey. You will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode disabled successfully"
6. Now back out of the Manage Vehicles section using the arrows until you have the icons at the bottom of the screen.
7. Click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up to the right, enter your PIN and the location of your vehicle should appear. If you get an error, please note the exact message you receive and reply to this message. Log out of the app completely and log back into the app and try the Car Finder remote operation again.
While it took a few tries for me to be able to turn on/off privacy mode, it did finally update and it fixed the location problem. The rest of it works for me as long as I have a decent cell or wifi signal.