Average full economy Auto reset - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Average full economy Auto reset

Trying to stop the auto fuel economy resetting after I turn off the car, want to know average fuel consumption for tank. Reset on the 7 inch display under vehicle information, fuel economy (little red indicator goes out) and on the information display, but always resets to auto reset when I restart car.

MY19 Eclipse exceed AWD
Kevin
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Trying to stop the auto fuel economy resetting after I turn off the car, want to know average fuel consumption for tank. Reset on the 7 inch display under vehicle information, fuel economy (little red indicator goes out) and on the information display, but always resets to auto reset when I restart car.
Hi Kevin,

I must admit I have never checked this but what you describe happens with my Exceed as well though my average consumption figure displayed in the right dial does not reset to zero. It remains set at the figure reported at the end of the current trip even after the 4 hours has passed. I'll keep an eye on it and see what it truely does over the coming days and weeks...

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

I am talking about average fuel on information display between RPM and speed gauges, average when I just drive down the street after overnight break at around 54L/km, improves as I drive, but I would like to show average since last reset, not last 4 hrs turned off.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 07:03 PM

Haven't had luck looking into settings like this myself. Spoke with your dealer yet?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:29 PM

Garage
Hi Kevin,

I can confirm your findings and after searching on another Mitsubishi forum I have found that this is nothing new. It has been a known issue for over a decade depending on the model and version of the software. Seems this is how it works regardless of what the settings screens alludes to. Pity...

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

thanks
Will check with dealer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
thanks
Will check with dealer
It would be good to know what the dealer thinks Kevin, as it would be good if you could get a long term average fuel consumption figure without having to note every fuel filling event and then working out the average fuel consumption. I used to do this in the past, though I no longer do it, but suppose I should.
I have not looked or checked the vehicle information app, and wonder if it saves any details of the vehicles overall fuel consumption.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Dealer will check on my "free" 1,500km service, vehicle information has an option to turn off auto refresh, askes if you want to change and says changes saved, but back on after restart.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:42 PM

Unfortunately the EC seems to have a lack of "B" average MPG just like the Outlander Sport (OS). My Mirage has a "B" average that remains until you manually reset it. The only way to accurately track your mpg's is to fill every time and record the mileage and fuel used. Kinda a bummer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page