Tpms System Fault. - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Tpms System Fault.

I have recently purchased a Eclipse cross 3, 2018 with 7800 miles (two weeks ago).

On my first outing on a motorway ( 2 days after purchasing), a fault came up saying TIRE PRESSURE MONIOR SERVICE REQUIRED.

I duly took it back to the dealer the following day and they said it was now fixed.

ITS NOT!!

Have taken it out on motorways since then and the fault reoccurs.
It would appear the fault only happens when traveling at high speeds for a length of time and particularly in hot weather, if I slow down the fault eventually clears.

The car is going back to the dealers this Thursday for them to try again!!

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:33 AM

During the winter on my ASX which the Eclipse Cross replaced, sometimes I would get a message that the Tyre Pressures Low and need attention.
I increase the pressures just a little and this cured the problem. There is a warning in the handbook that low temperatures can affect the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system.
However, you seem to have the problem the other way round. Maybe worth checking that the tyre pressures are correctly set, just in case they are the cause of the problem.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page