Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Re-Design - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:06 PM

Garage
Luggage, skiing equipment, groceries, laminated flooring.....(I cant remember all the reasons). I have only traveled 10,000km so far and have had to move the rear seats forward or lay them down more times than I can remember. The back is just not large enough. My previous Kia Cee'd SW had a ton more room. So now I have purchased a roof box for when we travel anywhere or I wont have the room to have passengers. 4 people plus luggage for a week in the mountains does not fit without the roof box.
wasabi and LunchB0x like this.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM

Might be time for an Outlander. Always hearing great things about them and they continue to sell well even with fierce competition. Have you checked them out yet?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchB0x View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much stuff do you usually carry in the back of your Eclipse Cross to move the back seats forward?
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted). Our front gate is 500m from the house and I take the garbage out to the bins at the street in the car. Recycling is kept in a large box in the garage at the house which won't fit without moving the seats forward. This is a weekly occurrence. Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well. After the Pajero, which itself was quite limited in cargo space without the seats down, the EC feels tiny in comparison but it wasn't the main driver of my choice so I can live with the lesser space. It's drivability and comfort over rear space. As noted I have a trailer for big stuff and the EC pulls well with it attached so no big extra cost in fuel...
LunchB0x likes this.

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)

Last edited by zarbs; 07-30-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbs View Post
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted).
Same here. But parking becomes an issue when its not to the DIY store.
Quote:
Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well.
We live much closer, but I like to keep shopping trips to a minimum so we do the same. We have both sizes of IKEA blue bags for shopping. They just fit length wise but can only fit 4 side by side. This usually is enough but add some soda and/or milk and now the seat has to get folded down.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted). Our front gate is 500m from the house and I take the garbage out to the bins at the street in the car. Recycling is kept in a large box in the garage at the house which won't fit without moving the seats forward. This is a weekly occurrence. Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well. After the Pajero, which itself was quite limited in cargo space without the seats down, the EC feels tiny in comparison but it wasn't the main driver of my choice so I can live with the lesser space. It's drivability and comfort over rear space. As noted I have a trailer for big stuff and the EC pulls well with it attached so no big extra cost in fuel...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgtnt View Post
Luggage, skiing equipment, groceries, laminated flooring.....(I cant remember all the reasons). I have only traveled 10,000km so far and have had to move the rear seats forward or lay them down more times than I can remember. The back is just not large enough. My previous Kia Cee'd SW had a ton more room. So now I have purchased a roof box for when we travel anywhere or I wont have the room to have passengers. 4 people plus luggage for a week in the mountains does not fit without the roof box.
This is great feedback guys thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it. I wonder if Mitsu takes this into consideration if/when they decide to redesign the Eclipse Cross. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised the EC can handle itself when towing a trailer.
mtgtnt likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page