Delete Lookers - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Angry Delete Lookers

When I ran a forum I got so sick of people who offered nil input and only read the posts without leaving any comments whatsoever.

What we did was to warn those members that if they didn't start posting they would be deleted.

It was surprising as most started to get involved and started to at least comment on posts.

Those who seldom logged in and or failed to post were eventually deleted after a number of warnings.

Not that it really matters to anyone, however, unless things improve and I am not having to keep replying to my own posts, I will be gone.
zarbs likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 PM

Garage
Ditto...
oldsalt likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:28 PM

Agree.

This board can be great if the admins/mods implement some way to encourage those lurkers to post although challenging.
But that makes me wonder why Reddit hasn't done something similar. Its lurkers paradise.
oldsalt likes this.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Administrator

We are not going to delete users for not posting. A user who registered for the site is one step closer to posting then one who never registers in the first place. The vast majority of visitors to the forum (95% of visits) don't even register and we are trying to make it easier for them to get on-board.

Kevin
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I am not sure of the software used for this forum.

Most of the generic forum programs have apps that can be added to it.

I used an app that assessed a members posts and if they were not within the set guidelines, a warning message would appear asking them nicely to post.

Without people posting, it is no longer a forum.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately, we cannot force users to post and there aren't any plugins at the moment, that will allow the forum to do this.

Ed
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:18 PM

I lurk because although the EclipseCross interested me I instead bought a 2019 Outlander Sport because I was all set to get a second Mirage in my household and the dealer that I was going to buy the Mirage from had a 2019 Outlander Sport ES 5 speed manual. It is not AWD but FWD (which is fine by me because I live on the Oregon Coast and it is very mild here). 2019 is the last year for the 5 speed manual, 2020 onward will be CVT only. It's pretty rare to be able to find one and believe me they were willing to deal. Nobody wants a manual transmission these days and I paid $15740 out the door. I still like to read other users experiences and yeesh the Outlander Sport must be pretty trouble free because there are really no active forums for it but I enjoy still reading about the EclipseCross. Almost 2k on my OS averaging better than 30mpg commuting and I did get a little better than 35mpg on the trip home with 12 miles on the odo when I drove it off the lot.

Ghost (Mitsubishi Outlander Sport) | Fuelly
zarbs likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:00 AM

[quote=EclipseAdmin;8393]We are not going to delete users for not posting. A user who registered for the site is one step closer to posting then one who never registers
In the end I gave up. However through the privacy link on the registration page, I got a reply from them and eventually the person there helped to set up a link, which allowed me to join. How many others are experiencing this same problem I wonder.
It maybe well worth your effort to investigate that the Registration System is in fact working correctly, as there seems to be very few people joining, as they could well be experiencing the exact same registration problem that I encountered.
Hope that information is of assistance.
Regards,
Telfer.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.

Last edited by Telferstr; 10-01-2019 at 09:06 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
When I ran a forum I got so sick of people who offered nil input and only read the posts without leaving any comments whatsoever.

What we did was to warn those members that if they didn't start posting they would be deleted.

It was surprising as most started to get involved and started to at least comment on posts.

Those who seldom logged in and or failed to post were eventually deleted after a number of warnings.

Not that it really matters to anyone, however, unless things improve and I am not having to keep replying to my own posts, I will be gone.

There could be a reason for the low membership, as the Registration System does not work.
It took me nearly 5 months to get on board, so something needs looking at. See above post.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseAdmin View Post
We are not going to delete users for not posting. A user who registered for the site is one step closer to posting then one who never registers in the first place. The vast majority of visitors to the forum (95% of visits) don't even register and we are trying to make it easier for them to get on-board.

Kevin
Half my previous text disappeared so will do it again.

I tried to register on this site when I purchased my Eclipse Cross in May this year. I tried repeatedly to register and latterly tried every day but kept getting the same message in the thin yellow box saying "Registration Denied" then went on about vetting for scammers but you were unable to do so at present and to try again later. I kept trying to no avail and gave up trying..
However on the Registration page there was a link to the Privacy Policy which I read through and found a contact address there. I sent a message to them and they kindly responded and eventually set up a link which enable me to join the Forum. By the way the CONTACT US message box also proved to be useless as I received not one reply after sending countless messages to it also.
Therefore, it may well be worth your while to investigate the functioning of the registration system, as very few people seem to be coming on board, as they may well be experiencing the exact same problem that I encountered.
Hope this information is of assistance.
Regards,
Telfer

Last edited by Telferstr; 10-01-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page