Eclipse Cross VS Competition - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Eclipse Cross VS Competition

As the title says, there's always going to be competition and the Eclipse Cross will square off against the new Jeep Compass, the Kia Sportage, Subaru Crosstrek, and the Hyundai Tucson.

Just want to hear everyone's take on the models and which one stands out.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:12 PM

The new Jeep Compass actually looks really good, but doesn't look like anything modern. Just a smaller GC in my opinion. Nonetheless, they did a good job as it's leaps and bounds nicer than it was before.

Unfortunately, based on aesthetics alone, which is big to me, the Mitsubishi Cross looks way better.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 AM

This Eclipse is a refreshing change and its my primary reason for even being here. I like the Subaru and Hyundai mentioned but with so many models out from both brands its easy to see how diluted things got.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

It's main challenge will be overcoming the already established competition's notoriety. Mitsubishi isn't exactly the most well known brand out there and they'll be hard pressed to move a lot of Eclipse Crosses no matter how good the little SUV is.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
It's main challenge will be overcoming the already established competition's notoriety. Mitsubishi isn't exactly the most well known brand out there and they'll be hard pressed to move a lot of Eclipse Crosses no matter how good the little SUV is.
Very true and that being the case they will be better off being consistently good as a brand to sell these small in proportion to Buick and other smaller volume car makers. For a very long time Buick has been operating like that and they still exist today. Down the road Mitsubishi might have to partner up with another brand to really ramp up volume
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Maybe over time they can be known as the company that builds reliable cars because Toyota vehicles aren't what they used to be and people I know who used to be fans are looking elsewhere.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
Maybe over time they can be known as the company that builds reliable cars because Toyota vehicles aren't what they used to be and people I know who used to be fans are looking elsewhere.
It will take many years to develop that but Toyota is still at the top, just look at what some new studies have been reporting and you will see how well they rank.
With all the new features cars come with these days its hard to maintain the same level of reliability and dependability they had 20 years back. Better than most is good enough.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

I've found this great comparison chart on autoblog. The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross is pitted against the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2018 Toyota C-HR and 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport. Looking at the chart, they've concluded that the Cross and Crosstrek are the better "all-weather, go-anywhere" choices. I suppose it's then down to which one you find more appealing.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:39 PM

Its important to note that the Eclipse is the only model in that chart that has a turbocharged engine. For those considering aftermarket modifications, that's a selling point alone. Both the CH-R and Rogue Sport have been criticized for having lackluster performance, especially off the line.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 05:17 AM

The chart should list the Eclipse Cross as having Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. At least in the UK, all variants come with CarPlay/Auto included.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page