Eclipse Cross Pre-Orders - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Eclipse Cross Pre-Orders

Just to let everyone know, with the leaked Eclipse Cross brochure we learned that these will be going on sale early 2018. With a date so soon, if you're serious about buying one start inquiring at your local Mitsubishi dealer.

Once the pre-order process opens, you can bet it will fill up fast.

Don't expect deposits to be more than $500-1000
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Yeah, $1k at most. I'll definitely have to go check out my local dealership and see what they say. Granted we probably won't have any order sheets just yet I guess.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Last I checked Mitsubishi was projecting some big sales for the Eclipse Cross which could mean a decent allocation of pre-spec'd models sitting on dealer lots. So those of us without any special requirements might find what we want on the dealers lot. I usually like the spec's on dealer lots. They've done the research.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:03 PM

No doubt, typically what they have on the dealer lots suffice for the vast majority as especially in this segment, people don't have a special build order and what not. But I would be interested to see a build sheet and see what I could come up with.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GSX View Post
No doubt, typically what they have on the dealer lots suffice for the vast majority as especially in this segment, people don't have a special build order and what not. But I would be interested to see a build sheet and see what I could come up with.
What specific features would you like to see on that build sheet? Out of the few models that come close to it i'm sure you already have at least a few things in mind. Let us know.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:00 PM

Towing packages, hopefully some sort of ambient lighting or drivers convenience options, just creature comfort things that I can probably add on myself later on but would rather have it done from factory.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GSX View Post
Towing packages, hopefully some sort of ambient lighting or drivers convenience options, just creature comfort things that I can probably add on myself later on but would rather have it done from factory.
Great mention on towing since that's one topic I had in the back of my mind. I lead an active lifestyle throughout the year so being able to tow certain things like a small camping trailer, small U-Haul cargo hauler, a couple skii-doo's, small boat, and the like is important.

Outlander can get up to 3500lbs towing with a class 2 hitch. Eclipse Cross should follow.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:34 PM

I heard that a majority of Mitsubishi vehicle on-screen functions will probably be locked out when the vehicle is in motion, but hopefully that doesn't extend to the Nav because that's just a necessity imo.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
I heard that a majority of Mitsubishi vehicle on-screen functions will probably be locked out when the vehicle is in motion, but hopefully that doesn't extend to the Nav because that's just a necessity imo.
Where did you hear about that from?

If true then hopefully we can install some toggle switch to trick the system. I remember people doing this with aftermarket head units, can't be that hard to do on OEM systems.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:24 PM

I can't imagine the nav being locked out when the vehicle is in motion because well... it's a nav.

You'll almost guaranteed be locked out of features of the nav like inputting a new address or whatever but that's a given as you shouldn't really be doing that whilst driving haha.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page