Fcm ssystem - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Fcm ssystem

Purchase the eclipse in June 2018 all good 33mpg,updates all carried out. This includes the FCM system reprogramming but last week whilst driving at approx 25mph clear road ahead car following without warning all four brakes locked on. The noise was horrendous, fortunately the car behind managed to stop, got checked underneath all clear drove causally home. Contacted dealer took it straight in they checked out found incident stored on computer but couldn't find a problem because it had the update installed couldn't explain why it this happened. They have contacted Mitsubishi with their findings we are waiting for a response. It was a very frightening experience.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:35 AM

I had a similar experience: 25mph, clear road ahead, horrendous scraping noise as brakes locked on. Fortunately they released after about half a second. The only notable thing was that the temperature was below freezing. This was before I had the software update, but there's no suggestion that the software update would have made a difference.

I'm trying to get into the habit of touching the brakes every time the "Brake!" warning flashes up, because pressing the brake or swerving overrides the automatic braking.

I agree with you that it's a very frightening experience.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Are there any other issues like this to be worried about? The lack of EC's on the road is a bit concerning compared to other new SUV's I have seen more of.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page