Greetings - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Greetings

Hi,
After many weeks of trying to register I have finally managed to get on board. Something not working correctly with the Register system which kept going round in circles. Anyway here now.
In May I traded in my Mitsubishi ASX 1.6 Diesel 6 speed Manual Gearbox 2x4 for an Eclipse Cross 3 4x2 with 6 speed Manual Gearbox and enjoying being back behind a smooth petrol engine once again.
Looking forward to taking part in the Forum and reading the different experiences of Eclipse Cross ownership.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Hi,
After many weeks of trying to register I have finally managed to get on board. Something not working correctly with the Register system which kept going round in circles. Anyway here now.
In May I traded in my Mitsubishi ASX 1.6 Diesel 6 speed Manual Gearbox 2x4 for an Eclipse Cross 3 4x2 with 6 speed Manual Gearbox and enjoying being back behind a smooth petrol engine once again.
Looking forward to taking part in the Forum and reading the different experiences of Eclipse Cross ownership.
I would love to know what the ratios are for each gear in that 6 speed. The only transmission available here in North America is the CVT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/eclip...specifications

Hi Inuvik,
The above address should give you the information you require. Hope it works.
I think the ASX model in the UK is known as the Outlander Sport in the USA, I had it for 2 years and it was a very good car, It had a 1.6 Diesel engine which gave a very good performance and MPG It also had a six speed manual gearbox very similar to the Eclipse Cross with a very good feel to the gear selection process.

Owned S type Jaguar for 10 years and now on my second Mitsubishi, having recently replace my ASX ZC-M-DI--D with a Eclipse Cross 3 4x2. Atlantic Grey.

Last edited by Telferstr; 09-12-2019 at 11:18 AM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

I'm not so keen on automatics, as I enjoy the gear changing action, so pleased that Mitsubishi offer the manual version in the UK.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Inuvik, I have posted the wrong information regarding the gearbox ratios. The UK site used to have all the ratio information for each model, but unfortunately have recently change their format, no longer giving the gear ratios as before. Hopefully I will find out the details shortly and get back to you. Had hoped the cars Handbook would have the details, but no, it does not.
It is 13.04 here.

Last edited by Telferstr; 09-15-2019 at 08:06 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Hi Inuvik,
Here is the information you are looking for regarding the 6 speed manual gearbox.

Transmission Model:- F6MBC
Engine Model:- 4B40
Transmission Type:- 6speed, floor shift.

Transmission gear ratio
1st 3.833
2nd 2.047
3rd 1.303
4th 0.975
5th 0.744
6th 0.659
Reversers 3.545
Final reduction ratio 4.058.

Trust the above information is of assistance.
Regards,
Telfer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page