Auto Stop/start - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By dopeyOne
  • 1 Post By dopeyOne

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Auto Stop/start

Hi, newbie here.
Done 500 miles (reg'd 6/2018 as demo). Manual. Just cant get on withthis A S&S. Don't like the idea, so I turn it off when I remember (can this be done PERMANANTLY??).
However sometimes I forget. Only on 5-6 times ina month has the A S&S kicked in when stationary (ie engine stopped) - takes me by suprize and I use the key to restart, panicking !. It should work/restart, when I dip the clutch - yes ? It doesn't.
Seems to be a fault then. First service in 6/19. So annoying
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

anyone please ???
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 05:24 PM

You can Not disable the system permanently. The engine starts when you take your foot from the breaks pedal.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:54 AM

There have been bypass models made for other cars with start/stop tech, but I haven't seen one specifically for the Eclipse Cross. Sometimes it can even be as simple as unplugging the factory module or a fuse.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:57 PM

I would also like a way to disable it permanently.

What I do is to press firmly on the brake. When the auto-stop operates, if I want to have the engine ready to go, I ease off on the brake ever-so-slightly. The engine restarts, but the car remains braked until I take my foot off the brake fully.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

mine operates (starts up) when you depress clutch - obviously manual. Nothing to do with brake. Surely this can be turned off Someone said "obd port" ??
Apparently if the demister is turned on, this will cut off stop start, but then the air con is also on. When you turn engine off I assume you would have to turn on demister again, so not a permanent fix...duh
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Hi castle96, ok, let me try to describe to you how this can be done the cheapest way. Cut a small little cardboard small enough to slip into the gap (just one side will do) anywhere around the S/S switch. This will result in making the switch at a permanently 'pressed in' position. i am currently using this method. One less procedure every time i start engine...lol.
ribuck likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 10:27 PM

Garage
Boy am I glad we don't have this on my model in Oz. My partners Subaru XV/Crosstrek has it and I hate it. Luckily, there is a switch on the dash that you press to disable it for that drive but it can't be disabled permanently either.

Interestingly, I did see the ASG option pop up on my centre dash display the other day after I disconnected and reconnected the battery but I couldn't make any selection of the option. It seems to have disappeared now.

MY19 Eclipse Cross Exceed (Australia)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 04:32 AM

Garage
I dont get the logic behind the software in our EC. No option to turn off the start/stop by default, nor any option to start ECO mode by default.

I wish I could get ahold of the software myself and start rewriting it. It is described as 'Open Source' but where is it available?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Gotten this cable from TaoBao. Working superb. Plug and Play. Start Engine, 3 secs later, S/S will be Off. This becomes a default. If you wana turn it on, just press S/S button as per normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable from TB.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	565  
inuvik likes this.