Automatic Headlights' Sensitivity Settings - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
Apparently the difference between version B and U is that U increases the bluetooth volume when connected to a phone?
Sure but there have been a raft of other versions between B and U which would have included changes to either fix problems (as noted with the U version) or to add more functionality. Would be interesting to get a listing of the changes made in each of the revisions but I doubt that would be available anywhere other than to the dealer network and many of them don't care if they can't charge for it. Like you're dealer unfortunately...
oldsalt likes this.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:42 AM

I messaged the dealer asking the question and for an answer in writing, they responded by telling me I would have to phone them.

I am so over the attitude of Mitsubishi Australia and the dealer, I have started getting prices on trading it for a Toyota Rav 4 Cruiser Hybrid.

Depending on the trade offered, I will get the Rav 4 and never buy another Mitsubishi.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
I am so over the attitude of Mitsubishi Australia and the dealer, I have started getting prices on trading it for a Toyota Rav 4 Cruiser Hybrid.
I hear you. That's why I do my own research on my buys avoiding the high dealer pricing whenever possible and have very little to do with the dealer network or MMA as they are increasingly hopeless. MMA don't want to commit themselves and to the dealer it's just another marque in their stable of brands they sell and they care little about customer service regardless of the rhetoric they espouse in their advertising. One exception was the dealer I had for my Pajero where I found the service staff quite amenable. Don't have reason to drive that distance any longer so I'm stuck with the EC dealer for now.

I've put questions to MMA customer service over many years (I've driven Mitsi's or their Chrysler assembled predecessors since 1983) and have found their support waning as they downsized here in this country. It's a shadow of its former self. I wouldn't be surprised that, in the background, it's been outsourced to a contact centre that just answers up as MMA and the only thing they can do is send you to a dealer if it doesn't entail mailing out a brochure or the like.

I'll stick with my purchase as I do like the styling and overall performance of the EC but it may well be my last venture into the Mitsi stable. My partner drives a Subaru and I have to admit it is a comfortable drive in the same manner as the EC and very close in price but we couldn't have two Subaru's in the garage.

Good luck with your changeover. Let us know how you go. I do like the look of the new Rav 4 which mimics the front of the larger SUV's and it's the first and only Rav 4 that's grabbed my attention. I had eyes on a hybrid as well but the Outlander PHEV, the only Mitsi offering here, is very overpriced.

Last edited by zarbs; 06-18-2019 at 06:50 AM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:30 AM

A Toyota dealer offered me $23,000 trade for my EC.

It's the top of the range exceed with the lot plus accessories, dash camera (dual) etc etc. that cost $45,000 new.

It's done 4800klm's and is a year and a bit old.

I know they would put in in their yard at about $31,000 plus.

Well, they won't be ripping this bloke off, I will keep the EC.

Like you Zarbs, I have had a ton of chrysler/mitsubishi vehicles over the years, my mate owned a rural Mitsi dealership in SA and gave me great deals. It's a pity he sold it to a bloke who already had two dealerships (Holden/Hyundai) in the town, and he is a prick.

I actually worked at the Mitsubishi Adelaide factory (security), they offered the best service back then, yea, I think you are right, it's only a call centre now.

I will get some satisfaction as I will not return to the dealer, I will have to travel further to another one, however, that's OK.
zarbs likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

i can only hope to be able to find some links to self-update these options then....just don't understand why dealers would shut them off and ended up individuals earning quick bucks for doing it for you...simply illogical.
oldsalt likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:22 PM

Garage
Hi there
I am in New Zealand and took delivery in January 2018 My software version is also B

Kind regards
Markus
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Hipp View Post
Hi there
I am in New Zealand and took delivery in January 2018 My software version is also B

Kind regards
Markus
Hi Markus,

It will interesting to hear what the NZ dealers say when you ask for the latest "U" Version

Love to know what the changes were in all the subsequent updates since "B", top secret stuff it seems?
zarbs likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page