parking lot dents - Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ribuck

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2018, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

parking lot dents

Got my first parking lot dent in the drivers door today.

I got the registration (licence plate) of the offending car and left a note for them to phone me.

Five hours later and still no phone call, I doubt if I will get one.

People in their old bombs piss me off!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear it, oldsalt.

I got my first parking lot dent a few days ago. My wife scraped a panel against the corner of a wall while reversing.

To my surprise, the panel turned out to be plastic not metal. The dent is not too big, so I'm going to wait for my wife to accumulate a few more dents before I get the panel replaced.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

I need a little bit of touch up paint as it lost a bit of paint when dented, my Mitzi dealer (Australia) tells me that Mitsubishi don't sell paint in Diamond Red??

Tried a few crash repairers and they don't have the formula.

Sent a message to Mitsubishi Australia via facebook asking where I can buy it, no response.

Poor form me thinks!

Can any of you in other countries see if Mitsubishi sell it, as if they do I will endeavour to find out why it's not sold in Australia.

Last edited by oldsalt; 08-26-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 PM

Oldsalt, this page might help:

https://www.diamondautopartsshop.co....urs-1878-p.asp

It implies that Mitsubishi sometimes uses different marketing names for the same shade of paint, and that you should look for the paint code (under the bonnet on the bulk head at the back of the engine bay). The code should be 3 or 4 letters and/or numbers, e.g. if it's P19 this would also be known as Majestic Red.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

I found a business that will make up 100 mil for $30AU.

They told me that touch up paint will be visible as the Red Diamond paint (P62A) is actually three paint layers in different shades of pearl and that's why Aussies have to pay an extra $800+ for that color.

They can make up the base color of red, however, unless the scratch/mark is very small it will be noticeable as a different color.

Had I known this, I would have bought a different color.

http://www.caredistributors.com.au

Last edited by oldsalt; 08-28-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

The dealer just phoned me, it's not possible to get touch up paint as there are FIVE layers of various pearl paints not three as I was first told.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:56 AM

Interesting.

I got my Eclipse Cross in Pearl White instead of plain White because that's what the dealer had in stock, so I'll probably face the same problem in the future.
oldsalt likes this.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Update, I went to buy the "touch up" paint and different person told me the same as everyone else, there is no touch up paint for the Diamond Red color.

Yes, you can get the base color, however, you then need to cover it with a special red tint clear and then two other clears.

Another issue is that, the paint is not the cheap acrylic which is easy to work with, it's some other type of paint (can't recall the name) that he said was very expensive and very hard to work with.

If you use the paint to touch up with a brush there is a good chance it will be messed up and regardless, it will be very obvious.

I wouldn't recommend the diamond red color, especially if you drive on the highway where there is a strong chance of getting stone chips on the bonnet/hood.