Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some photos of Eclipse Cross from 2017 Dubai Motor Show. Overall, I like its design, however, in my opinion, some changes need to be made with interior design, it seems outdated to me. I think there is too much scratchy plastic inside the car, which makes it look cheap, also I hate this type of big and bulgy steering wheels. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
That steering wheel needs to go because with how sporty the exterior looks, as people get inside they will feel like they're in something completely different... and that's not a good thing.
The 2018 Elantra is a good example of a steering wheel design that I would like to see here:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was actually expecting more pizzaz for the Dubai spec Eclipse Cross simply because of the type of buyer that resides in Dubai. That's pretty much the city of excess in my mind and they like their expensive looking cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That steering wheel needs to go because with how sporty the exterior looks, as people get inside they will feel like they're in something completely different... and that's not a good thing.
The 2018 Elantra is a good example of a steering wheel design that I would like to see here:

That's a nice option for Eclipse. You made a good point about Eclipse's sporty design, so I think they should follow this style and give it a delicate and less bulky steering wheel. For example, I really like GLE's steering wheel and I think that this style would fit Eclipse's interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's a nice option for Eclipse. You made a good point about Eclipse's sporty design, so I think they should follow this style and give it a delicate and less bulky steering wheel. For example, I really like GLE's steering wheel and I think that this style would fit Eclipse's interior.
Too bad that we might be in for a long wait because the next time we have a chance at seeing this happen is in a mid-cycle refresh. If not then the next generation Eclipse Cross or its successor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts