Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Canada, I am getting my new 2023 SE on Monday.

I am not too fond of the yellow halogens, which I think leaves me 3 options:

1. Replace the headlights bulbs with LED bulbs, anyone done this?

2. I was wondering if there would be a way to alternatively just swop out the entire light with the OEM LED headlight from the higher trims...not sure if possible?

3. Not sure whether bulb replacement in above 2 options would void warranty. If so, what halogen bulbs would be as close to white as possible?

Anyone have experience with this? Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although not with my Eclipse, I've once changed only the halogen bulbs for new ones with a higher color temperature. I remember they were made by Philips. They are not as powerful as xenon or LED, but I remember the result was very good both in appearance and performance. Good thing is it doesn't take any change other than swapping bulbs. Take a look here from Philips world page for Canada: Headlights | Philips Automotive Lighting

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV
30 Posts

2. I was wondering if there would be a way to alternatively just swop out the entire light with the OEM LED headlight from the higher trims...not sure if possible?

3. Not sure whether bulb replacement in above 2 options would void warranty. If so, what halogen bulbs would be as close to white as possible?

I don't know the configuration of the halogen system in Canada, i.e., whether they have projector lenses or if the existing globes are twin fillament etc. I do know that in my previous car (VW Tiguan) I installed LED globes that worked very well, however, the car had twin headlights with projector lenses.

Your problem will be that as far as I know there don't exist twin fillament LEDs.I would suggest good halogen globes, such as the Philips range. Osram do good globes as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
On 3 out of the 4 cars I’ve had I’ve “upgraded “ headlight bulbs. Three of them the headlight wiring began to melt. Mind you this takes a good while. Years probably , but it is a fairly common thing that happens if your drawing more wattage to your headlights. Of course if you change cars every few years you should be ok. Anyway just thought I’d throw my two cents into this. But like I’ve said i still did it to multiple cars knowing that basically because it looks cool lol

·
Registered
1 Posts

I stuck Philips X-tremeUltinon LED in my Eclipse Cross. They were a bit pricy but they're almost a perfect replacement for the Philips Halogen bulbs. I say almost because the way the light hits the road isn't as gradual or rounded, I suspect because of the rectangle shape of the LEDs vs the rounded shape of a tungsten filament. Cut off is near perfect but I am going to try to see if I can tweak it at all as the bulbs are adjustable.

In Europe they are called Ultinon Pro5000.

The above link has better info than the North American sites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts