Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2022 Eclipse Cross SE. Freaking LOVE it! Only thing I don't love is the audio. I am coming from a 2014 VW CC Executive that had upgraded audio system with 10 speakers and an after market sub I added. I do not want to change the head unit as the one that came with the car is nice looking. I just want to be able to add a sub and maybe upgrade the door speakers.

Does anyone have any info on how to pop the dash to access the wires on the back the HU? I need to tap into the front speakers unless the stock HU has rca outs. If anyone can also tell me how to get the door panels off so I can swap the speakers, that would be great too. I also need to know what size speakers are in the doors and dash? I have the 6 speaker model. The speaker replacement isn't a priority right now, but would be nice. I really need to get a small sub in here ASAP. With the bass turned up, the speakers get muddy. If I turn the bass down, then the audio is clean and crisper but there is no bass. Just need a little kick by adding a small sub.

Thoughts? Ideas? Answers?

Thanks!
Nick

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the ride.

This Russian web site has all the workshop manuals that list the removal and install process for interior and exterior works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts