Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a minor accident that required my Eclipse Cross to be in the body shop for a few days (or so I thought but that's another story). My rental car was a 2021 Jeep Compass Limited. What an absolute peice of garbage compared to my Mitsubishi. The seats were absolutely terrible. No matter how I adjusted them they were not comfortable and felt like they had absolutely no cushion. The controls were very stiff and felt cheap. The door releases on the inside felt like they were slightly binding. In sport mode the shifter operated backward (at least to me anyway). The ride quality was terrible. Every crack and slight bump travelled through the entire car. This car had less than 2000 miles on it btw.
My point in this is the more I ride in and drive other crossovers and small suv-like cars the more I appreciate my Eclipse Cross. If Mitsubishi would change a few things (more horsepower and a manual gearbox please) this could really be close to the perfect car for me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
We enjoy a manual gearbox here GB, so just get Mitsubishi America to order them from Japan. Otherwise they seem to be starving you from the pleasure of changing you own gears as and when you wish:D
Hope you get your car fixed okay and is back on the road again very soon.

Reactions: Duncan75

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
My wife liked the look of the Compass so we test drove one. I don't disagree with anything you've said about it @Duncan75. I wasn't impressed with the drive of the RAV4 either.

If this were a children's story, Goldilocks would be sleeping in the Mitsubishi. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fender-bender @Duncan75 . I hope it gets returned back to you and you wouldn't notice a difference!

You're absolutely right in that the Cross feels so much more refined. Too bad the Automotive Press don't have much positive to say about it from a comfort perspective. Because it's a huge step-up from most given the price point. For those of us who aren't 100% about comfort though...

Each time I go to the dealership for Service, I always ask, "any ECU/TCU updates since?" Nada. Which does frustrate me.
The CVT on the 2.4L Outlander Sport we had before this felt like it was so much more responsive. I'm telling ya, it's the programming first and foremost.
All of 2018 (when we bought the Cross), I was traveling weekly to IN by way of Chicago-ORD, and the Outlander was always my vehicle of choice. (2.4L CVT) Same story, albeit heavier and bulkier.

I really hope, for the sake of new buyers, that they fix this for the half-model update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts