Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
This happens to me all the time. It actually jolts my car forward when idling and it kicks on and off over and over and I sometimes shut the AC off just so I don't have to listen to it and feel it vibrating and jolting the car. So I can tell you this happens to someone else too. I assumed it was normal for the vehicle. My other vehicles cycle too (obviously that's what ac compressor do) but they don't shake the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yessss. Its a clear difference with conprrssor on vs off in terms of car feel/car sound. I honestly dont feel it much while driving except when in very low speeds like slowing to a stop or first accelerating. How long have u owned urs? Mitsubishi dealer checked it out said it was perfectly normal today. 🤷‍♂️
I bought mine in December 2019. I live in the Midwest so I only use AC for a couple months a year. So I didn't notice it until Julyish. You are right in that I have thought about mentioning it to the dealer because I think the gusto in which it turns on and moves the car it doesn't seem right. I haven't looked into it much. Do you have ECO mode on? Wondering if it changes with that? (I guess I could go try it, considering mine does the same thing...lol... Although the temperature is about 50 F out so AC isn't really a concern until summer again)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.