Eclipse Cross Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay folks..for all of you inquiring about putting on roof rails on your vehicle that doesn’t have them…yes you CAN install them..I just finished installing mine! It was quite a bit of work but well worth it! I got the factory roof rails on a great deal and then went to my dealer to buy the brackets

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay folks..for all of you inquiring about putting on roof rails on your vehicle that doesn’t have them…yes you CAN install them..I just finished installing mine! It was quite a bit of work but well worth it! I got the factory roof rails on a great deal and then went to my dealer to buy the brackets
Any instructions to fasten the brackets on? My dealership said I was SOL because my 2018 didn't have it from factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a complete BS unless I see the proof! You can not install factory rails on 2018 models unless it has mounting points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried the installing the Thule track system TP42? I watched install videos, and it looks simple enough, but I'm still hesitant. Any thoughts? Local shop wants $400 for just labour, lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check my post in this thread earlier where I linked to a set available on AliExpress. They are silver in colour but should be able to be painted if needed. Alternately, the attached pic shows the parts diagram and all the parts required for the OEM bars. Check with a dealer as they may be available as a complete kit.

View attachment 1246
Thank you for the quantities. It was so lost on the parts site, as the tell you every part you need, but not how many of each. Also, would love to know if you can find another AliExpress alternative part. I am all for chrom lateral rails if it saves me $1000... I will just add some more chrome to my LE. :cool: I have been searching AliExpress, but can only find the cross bars that fit the lateral rails, but not the actual lateral rails.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you purchase the OEM roof rails, they come with instructions. Same as for the crossbars. It's amazing how those things can hold so much weight, and have to deal with so much drag - considering everything's really just held in place by four mounting points.

Dunno about the Thule in particular, but they're all the same, IMO. I believe Rhino also has one specifically for the Cross - if you want to bypass any of the factory rails and go straight to a roof system. (Might actually be a little better for aero - since crossbars on rails does introduce a bit of additional drag.)

For giggles, some quick glam shots.

Sky Cloud Tire Snow Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Lunatic59

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your automaker presumably has crossbars that are made for your particular make and model, yet reseller's exchange crossbars, which clasp to your current rooftop rails, are in all probability can am x3 roof accessories too. To connect them, simply utilize the provided instrument or snatch a bunch of fundamental hand devices.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts