Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Eclipse. Cross owners. I have a 2020 model RHD that is making a weird noise inside the car when I have the air con turned on. Same noise even if just using fan. When I turn corners it sounds like sand is moving inside a container from the middle of the dash to the left hand side? It’s got me absolutely lost. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m assuming it may be the fan itself as when I turn it off there is no noise. Any help greatly appreciated. Off to the dealer tomorrow so they can listen to it and probably scratch their heads as well. Will update!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has your cabin pollen filter ever been changed? cold be debris inside the heater or above it in the chamber under the wiper panel
Hi mate, thanks for your help. I checked the cabin filter, removed it and went for a drive around the block with it removed so I could see if it was anything to do with the blower fan. Negative to that. Took it down to the dealership, this was the issue;
1. Clogged evaporator drain
When you turn on the air conditioning system in your Eclipse Cross, moisture develops along the evaporator coil and then drips down into a condensate drain pan, which then drips under the vehicle. If the drain is clogged or is not draining properly, water will accumulate in the pan and make sloshing sound when the vehicle is moving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts