Eclipse Cross Forum banner

Android Auto in 2022 EC model

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Squirrel Cage 
#1 ·
Hi - I see there have been issues with AA in some other models, but they seem to be resolved by plugging in your Android phones. I have a Pixel 5 which doesn't have a USB cord - only firewires - and when we set up my phone access at the Dealership, they did something to bypass setup of Android Auto and I am now dealing with the default system. My phone is connected via Bluetooth but I need my Google Maps for navigation since the Nav they have is not very user-friendly. Can AA be connected via Bluetooth? Do I have to hard reset my entire system for my car to try to hookup AA? Has anyone else been able to resolve this issue in a 2022 EC without resorting to cords? (I tried using a USB to firewire but the system did not recognize my phone at all). Thanks!

#3 ·
I'm finding mixed information. I am pretty sure AA will work wirelessly as long as the phone and head unit support it. And, I do recall Mitsubishi adding that in 2021 models.

But, I am not sure if it's Wifi only or WiFi and Bluetooth.

I did find this, if it helps. Set up your Android Auto app - Android Auto Help plus you might look for wifi settings in your cars settings. I would guess that once a WiFi or Bluetooth connection were made, you could open AA on your phone and see if it sees the car.

#4 ·
So correction for you, pixel 5 and most all android phones have USB-C not firewire... lol. Secondly doing a fresh reset on your headunit might help. What you also need to do is either Uninstall AA or if you cant then you need to Uninstall updates in the app info. Then clear app data and app cache then force stop app. Then plug in a USB-A to USB-C cable to your car and Pixel 5. And go through the setup again yourself. Never allow the dealership to do this "setup" it just causes more issues and you aren't familiar with the process.

Now im not against wireless android auto but still wouldn't you need to plug your phone in to charge at somepoint so whats the point. Most wireless chargers built into cars these days are using generic older coils so its not very efficient also for security purposes wireless android auto and apple car play is a huge security vulnerability. Its not very secure. Since your car and phone are always listening and transmitting hello? Im here can you see me? Over and over. A cable option of operation only keeps data more secure and utilizes less resources on the phone. It charges your phone and is a reliable connection.

Personally i stopped using AA in my EC '18 and use a iphone with car play and the most basic data plan. It stays plugged in to the car and starts right up when i get in. And does the one thing AA wont do and that is apple integrated full functionality for me to use the touchpad on my center console. I have preeched to google to add support and all i have gotten over the years is nothing. Its pathetic and the latest updates have solved nothing for the connection problems that face most of us with wired/wireless connections.

Now sure having two phones and seperate lines is not viable for everyone but its made car life so much easier. Mitsubishi builds these headunits with iphone in mind not android its just plain and obvious. AA will be dead in a few years so dont hold out for too long about seeing a stable version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.