Eclipse Cross Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have eclipse cross europe version with SDA and Touchpad, here can you see little secrets for original SDA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea i know this unit ..I was interested in purchasing....
to aftermarket head unit :
harness adapter 2018-2020 mitsubishi works fine , canbus works with system menu 8888 code :Factory XINPU : MT - SS- 03 for Outlander, Steering Wheel buttons works fine, original rear camera works fine, without extra adapter , original usb ports works with subaru usb adapter and original JVC GPS works with adapter from amazon

·
Registered
24 Posts
to use hdmi port on eclipse cross with miracast or chromecast dongle :

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the steering wheel buttons you can find the right cable, if you press a button, a different ohm resistance is displayed for each button. with the china head units, the radio can be operated via the steering wheel buttons even without a canbus adapter. Connection key 1 can be taught in with 7 functions
and key 2 too, so a total of 14 functions for learning even without a canbus adapter

I am not sure what values u are to get

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the steering wheel buttons you can find the right cable, if you press a button, a different ohm resistance is displayed for each button. with the china head units, the radio can be operated via the steering wheel buttons even without a canbus adapter. Connection key 1 can be taught in with 7 functions
and key 2 too, so a total of 14 functions for learning even without a canbus adapter

·
Registered
24 Posts
with canbus :

Check whether the CAN bus and CAN interface function "physically"
At least two functioning CAN bus participants are required for this (one of them is the PC with CAN interface). Before taking the test, make sure ...

that the CAN cables are OK and connected to the appropriate sockets
that the CAN bus is correctly terminated (usually 120 ohms at both ends, with a voltage-free bus, therefore, about 60 ohms should be measurable between "CAN high" and "CAN low"
that no device is connected to the bus with a different CAN baud rate
that no device is connected to the CAN bus which could be disturbed by the transmission between the PC and the terminal (this applies in particular to NON-CANopen buses, e.g. in vehicles!!!)
If the points listed above are met, switch on the power supply and measure the DC voltage level between CAN high, CAN low and CAN ground with a digital multimeter (handheld multimeter without connection to the protective conductor!). Typical measured values (with strong fluctuations, depending on the transceiver used, here for "high-speed" transceivers). Correct values are:

approx. +2.5 V between CAN-Low and CAN-Ground
approx. +2.5 V between CAN high and CAN ground
approx. 0 V between CAN high and CAN low (this is the so-called "recessive" level)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2018 Mitsubishi EC. It is the base model what would be the equivalent to the ES Model in the USA.
I am looking to make some upgrades and I would like to make enquire as to the following:

1. can the head unit from a higher trim work on this model and if so do I need to purchase the USB ports to Use Apple car play ? In my model there is a USB and an AUX cable in the glove compartment.
2. Additionally for the head unit replacement do I need to purchase any additional mounting installation dash kits ?
3. When changing the head unit will the reverse camera work as normal ?
4. Is the trackpad Mandatory to be added when using upgraded head unit ?And if so what aftermarket track pads can work ?
5. Any recommendations for a better aftermarket head unit ?
6. Can the dash be changed from Japanese to English
7. Can I purchase a used Head Up Display from an higher trim. Can this be wired to the existing gauge in the car ? And switches added to the blank section where the forward collision mitigation switches etc are ?
Thank you all for any responses.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts