Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm gonna be on the side of wishing auto lock was available on this vehicle. I also agree that I expected it would have the feature as all vehicles I've had over the years have had it standard. I didn't check as you get so used to "auto" features that you don't always notice until you need them. I do like it for safety as well. I have had someone try to enter my car before at a stop light and in a parking lot, so I do think it's a valuable feature. I now have to do the awkward "lock your door" move when someone gets too close to my car. More of a socially awkward annoyance than anything lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm gonna be on the side of wishing auto lock was available on this vehicle. I also agree that I expected it would have the feature as all vehicles I've had over the years have had it standard. I didn't check as you get so used to "auto" features that you don't always notice until you need them. I do like it for safety as well. I have had someone try to enter my car before at a stop light and in a parking lot, so I do think it's a valuable feature. I now have to do the awkward "lock your door" move when someone gets too close to my car. More of a socially awkward annoyance than anything lol.
a 2011 Ford E-250 Econovan even has this feature....LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have tried to configure an Australian vehicle for a different market, but no other options appear. The ETACS software must be unique to the designated market. I tried this on both YA and YB varaints

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes my wife's wee Citroen Picasso has this feature. There must be a programme to somewhere to switch on this feature. However there is always the control button to operate if you think it is necessary to lock the doors when out and about.

Reactions: Willisjamaica

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only way to turn on this function would be to find a car from a country that has the function as standard, then copy the ETACS configuration file and attempt to recode your own ETACS with this file. This could work, if the ETACS then allowed you to overwrite your VIN to the newly configured ETACS, as when you copy and write config files, the VIN is part of it.

If you couldnt overwrite the VIN, then the car would not run as KOS, OSS and Powertrain control units look for The VIN during initialisation for security and immobiliser function.

I have copied and coded many ETACS but never tried or needed to try to rewite the VIN on any vehicle.

The config files are available from MM, but with dealer access only as far as i now. But again the config files are vehicle specific i.e. you give them your VIN to get a file, and your VIN is part of it.

All of this is assuming the ETACS is not physically different for these vehicles. If they are then it would not work,

I personally would not try this if it was my vehicle, due to the expense if the coding failed and "bricked"the ETACS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Let's keep it civil people.

After doing a little research I've found that the number of carjackings in the U.S. was much higher than I thought, with 93% being in urban areas. So if you live in a U.S. city it might be a good idea to keep your doors locked. However, I also found that the number of car accidents beyond simple fender benders is much higher and that locked doors has been a hindrance to both evacuation and rescue, so choose your risk, I guess.

Personally, I would rather control the locks than have the doors lock automatically which is why it was never a concern for me. But, I live in a rural area and work in a commercial/industrial setting outside of metropolitan areas. I have never known anyone to be carjacked, but I've seen many serious accidents on the roads I travel.

For that reason, I don't consider the lack of automatic door locking a flaw, or even an omission.
I believe this to be a plus. ... once vehicle detect speed above 20km it close ...how could this feature be an issue?
It's next to impossible to lock smart key inside EC.
The driver door automatically unlatch once the internal door lever is pull (no need to press unlock switch)

And once again this feature can be turned on any vehicle that has central locking and a CAN (common network system) which majority if not all modern vehicle have for programming.
I sat at the dealer and heard them telling the lady that the EC doesn't have that feature hence could not be activated...I laugh as I already did it to my EC.
These dealers don't know crap about vehicle but what they learned in a short class and its not in their Teresa to activate or tweak anything to that which the vehicle didn't had at point of purchase.
So go to some techy or friend a dealer service personel thats willing to invest some time and research feature and activate it for you knowing tht you won't complaint if theres an error or failure..good luck with latter.
Hence I purchase obd2 cable and get etacsdecoder and research n brave up and tweak what I wanted and what I did

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only way to turn on this function would be to find a car from a country that has the function as standard, then copy the ETACS configuration file and attempt to recode your own ETACS with this file. This could work, if the ETACS then allowed you to overwrite your VIN to the newly configured ETACS, as when you copy and write config files, the VIN is part of it.

If you couldnt overwrite the VIN, then the car would not run as KOS, OSS and Powertrain control units look for The VIN during initialisation for security and immobiliser function.

I have copied and coded many ETACS but never tried or needed to try to rewite the VIN on any vehicle.

The config files are available from MM, but with dealer access only as far as i now. But again the config files are vehicle specific i.e. you give them your VIN to get a file, and your VIN is part of it.

All of this is assuming the ETACS is not physically different for these vehicles. If they are then it would not work,

I personally would not try this if it was my vehicle, due to the expense if the coding failed and "bricked"the ETACS.
Ok the dealer device first scan and detects model and know region cars exported and then make available the features it originally came with... hence don't use dealer scanner

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
In that video, I see "crash unlock" and "crush unlock and speed lock". I'm assuming that the first would enable the doors to unlock in the event of an impact strong enough to deploy the airbags (?) but what's the difference between "crush" and "crash"? If we're talking about a crush impact I would expect the doors to be jammed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In that video, I see "crash unlock" and "crush unlock and speed lock". I'm assuming that the first would enable the doors to unlock in the event of an impact strong enough to deploy the airbags (?) but what's the difference between "crush" and "crash"? If we're talking about a crush impact I would expect the doors to be jammed.
Yep your correct...Well I am a fire fighter and have done multiple vehicle extrication a unlock door will help a great deal.... only issue is if its an fatal accident/crush then it. It wouldn't really matter if its open or not
My worry is if the doors would unlock easily if a knowledgeable theif creates an impact just to gain entrance.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts