Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Drove 40 minutes to the dealer today to have the software updated to O.

Left the EC with them for an hour despite Mitzi saying it takes 30 minutes.

Got a call to return to the stealership.

Sorry I was told, it won't allow us to do the update! We plug in the usb stick, however, it will not allow us to do the update as it's grayed out!

I asked "Well, phone Mitsubishi and ask them what to do!" He said "we are not allowed direct contact via phone with them" I asked "How would find out anything then?" He said "We send an email and we might get a reply in about two to three days"

He said "you can leave the car here longer and we can play with it to see what we can do" I said "if you don't know what you have been doing for the last hour, what's going to change if I leave it here?" He said, "Nothing really!"

I then told them they were wasting my time and drove the 40 minute trip back home.

After numerous attempts at phoning "Mitsubishi Assist!" I finally got hold of someone to talk to. She said that the bloke at the dealership could have phoned Mitzi tech guys to get the info and should have completed the job.

So, Mitzi were getting onto the stealership about the matter and said their service manager would phone me, that was 30 minutes ago and I'm still waiting.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Been to dealer told could not change even though there is menu item that turns off auto reset and confirms on screen that it has been turned off
basically a built in feature that does not work in Software Version U
So for some reason my turn signal sound reset itself to sound 1 today. I have it on sound 2 because of my hearing loss I can't hear sound 1 all that easily but then it might the music volume I have set. Anyway, this is set by the settings menu in the centre of the main dash display. After I reset the sound I was exiting and saw an option to do the Auto Reset option in this menu as well (first option in the list when you scroll down upon entry).

This has the same options as those found in the SDA menu and strangely when you turn it off here the display on the SADA shows Auto Reset as off as well. Turns out there is still the same problem and it doesn't resolve the issue but a quick read of the pages in the relevant part of the manual it says that if you bring up the option (in ACC mode) before starting the engine and set it again to Manual (2 shows in the Average centre screen instead of 1) it will recall the current average for use on the next journey and not reset to zero. Might be a work around but the Manual setting still doesn't endure past a restart otherwise.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So for some reason my turn signal sound reset itself to sound 1 today. I have it on sound 2 because of my hearing loss I can't hear sound 1 all that easily but then it might the music volume I have set. Anyway, this is set by the settings menu in the centre of the main dash display. After I reset the sound I was exiting and saw an option to do the Auto Reset option in this menu as well (first option in the list when you scroll down upon entry).

This has the same options as those found in the SDA menu and strangely when you turn it off here the display on the SADA shows Auto Reset as off as well. Turns out there is still the same problem and it doesn't resolve the issue but a quick read of the pages in the relevant part of the manual it says that if you bring up the option (in ACC mode) before starting the engine and set it again to Manual (2 shows in the Average centre screen instead of 1) it will recall the current average for use on the next journey and not reset to zero. Might be a work around but the Manual setting still doesn't endure past a restart otherwise.
Pic of the dash setting. I remember this was the only way to do it my 2010 Outlander.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, the service kid phoned me back saying Mitsubishi told them to book me in again for the update.

I was told the service manager would phone me, however, seems he is on holiday and let this kid who knows bugga all run the show.

I asked the kid what has changed that now allows him to do the upgrade, he said the USB stick didn't have the upgrade on it, they didn't check before hand and assumed it was there?

Even though it wouldn't load, the idiots didn't check the USB stick to see if they had the software!

I told the kid I will speak to the manager when he returns next week and see what he has to say as I am not confident these fools know what they are doing.

Would you believe, the Hyundai dealer didn't get back to me either, so they are wiped off my list as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Obviously these dealerships are badly managed or are not hungry enough in wanting to do business.
A strongly worded letter to Mitsubishi Australia with a copy to the Headquarters in Japan might wake the lot of them up.
Well worth a try. I ran truck dealerships in the UK and came down hard on anybody who did not treat customers as king.
Don't mess about, go straight to the top. It may shake out the complacency you are having to put up with.

Reactions: oldsalt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did not work for my MY19 exceed, could you explain again, as soon as I restarted back to auto

·
Registered
401 Posts
Page 5-15 of the owners manual says the settings will return to automatic but if you enter the settings again and set it to manual the data from the last reset is displayed. I take that to mean that it recalls the data for you to use for the next trip. I haven't tested it...

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
So I have been following the reset process listed in the manual and it seems to be working. Once you start the car, before moving off, you need to enter the Settings mode on the dash centre screen and set it to manual. It recalls the previous calculation for the next drive. It's a PIA but a workaround. I don't know why they can't set it up so there is a memory function for this to keep for manual calculation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, please visit this site

i have change with this software and cable : activate alarm, close all doors drive faster :15 kmh , deactivate autoreset option for better average funktion average: 6.9L
activate horn beep, (close doors) press 2x remote control.

best regards
from germany

21 - 30 of 30 Posts