Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, searched and found the same info. They're installed here mainly by Boy Racers who want the sound more than anything to show off their rides. One of the forum members is into this sort of upgrade but he hasn't posted in some time. He did post that he had installed a larger intercooler from Amazon that had improved turbo performance. The mod required modified piping to be installed but the intercooler fitted without issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I see some modded cars on the road but they are usually Honda's or Subaru's. Unfortunately with the way traffic is in the eastern U.S., the only way they are going from 0 to 60 in under 5 minutes is to drive off a bridge. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking for quiet sometime for owners who has done this. Im not planning on increasing the power of my car, i just want to hear the sound of the BoV just a little bit louder. :) I hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually just a more open airbox/intake setup helps with that too. I kept the stock BOV on my evo x. Just changing the intake and ditching the factory air box to a cone filter made it much louder. I haven’t even looked to see if there is a bov on the EC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Usually just a more open airbox/intake setup helps with that too. I kept the stock BOV on my evo x. Just changing the intake and ditching the factory air box to a cone filter made it much louder. I haven’t even looked to see if there is a bov on the EC.
THere is a BoV. I believe they call it By-pass Valve as it is recirculating unlive the BoV 100% vent to atmosphere.
I have to give time to check so I can order the right one. Im planning on getting the 50/50..

·
Registered
164 Posts
whyyyy??? 😂
My first car was a 1962 VW Beetle with a 40 h.p. 1200cc air-cooled 4 cyl. engine. of the course of a couple years I put a modified intake manifold with a 2-barrel Holley carb, magnesium rocker arms and valve covers, tuned exhaust headers and a glass pack muffler, among other body modifications. Why? because it was fun and I thought it was cool (or whatever we called it back then ... hot, rad, tough, sick, groovy ;) ). I doubt it helped much with performance or power, but it was a huge cosmetic improvement and it sounded ... um ... louder. :D

There are many days I wish I still had that car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts