Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Remember, the factory tune is what you should care about here. Installing something like this will likely need for you to tune. Not to mention, void your warranty.

Also, the subject of atmo vs recirc is paramount here. The Cross' BPV/BOV is designed to recirculate excess boost pressure back into the intake manifold. Check the many Mitsubishi forums out there for late-model Mitsubishis switched over to an atmo setup. You'll find these have been problematic cases that, to properly fix, most certainly requires a tune - and likely with support from a piggyback at the least.

If you're feeling brave, good luck! And let us know how it goes. Once again, I get wanting to make the car sound cool. Completely get it.
Just think about what it'll cost you to do so. Remember... despite the brand name etched on this part... the car will not "go fast"er... than this bit suggests.

My best suggestion to you is to try to replace rubber and plastic with metal - whatever you can find - and try to get your satisfaction that way.
Personally, I think the way to make the car fun, and to get it some street cred... is to work on suspension. An SUV with a good stance, and that's fast on the turns will turn more heads than one that makes odd, rather assuming whooshing sounds, but is slower than a 1.3L Civic at... pretty much anything in life.

Reactions: Mountainsofbeer

Registered
I've bought from that company before, beautiful cnc aluminum parts. It does seem like the right bolt pattern doesn't it
The EC just isn't the jam for that jelly 馃槙 Unless you have the manual version maybe it could be fun to hear when you shift. Otherwise you'd have to put the CVT in a simulated gear, and then you could get on and off the throttle to hear the BOV on demand without having the transmission change ratios. Otherwise just having it on there is going to promote fairly abusive behaviors haha :p

Registered
Yo en mi Eclipse Cross 2019 cambi茅 la v谩lvula de circulaci贸n original por una atmosf茅rica Blow Off marca Forge que usa el Honda Civic Gen10, el tama帽o queda perfectamente, pero no funciona porque la computadora detecta falta de aire y se apaga o no acelera, tal vez se pueda acoplar una v谩lvula atmosf茅rica Blow Off en alguno de los tubos o codos de mangera y que funcione al mismo tiempo que la v谩lvula de recirculaci贸n pero no lo he intentado

Registered
Translation anyone lol
Yo en mi Eclipse Cross 2019 cambi茅 la v谩lvula de circulaci贸n original por una atmosf茅rica Blow Off marca Forge que usa el Honda Civic Gen10, el tama帽o queda perfectamente, pero no funciona porque la computadora detecta falta de aire y se apaga o no acelera, tal vez se pueda acoplar una v谩lvula atmosf茅rica Blow Off en alguno de los tubos o codos de mangera y que funcione al mismo tiempo que la v谩lvula de recirculaci贸n pero no lo he intentado

Super Moderator
Translation anyone lol
"In my Eclipse Cross 2019 I changed the original circulation valve for an atmospheric Blow Off brand Forge that uses the Honda Civic Gen10, the size fits perfectly, but it does not work because the computer detects lack of air and turns off or does not accelerate, maybe An atmospheric Blow Off valve can be attached to one of the pipes or hose elbows and it works at the same time as the recirculation valve but I have not tried"

Ask and you shall receive.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts