Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Remember, the factory tune is what you should care about here. Installing something like this will likely need for you to tune. Not to mention, void your warranty.

Also, the subject of atmo vs recirc is paramount here. The Cross' BPV/BOV is designed to recirculate excess boost pressure back into the intake manifold. Check the many Mitsubishi forums out there for late-model Mitsubishis switched over to an atmo setup. You'll find these have been problematic cases that, to properly fix, most certainly requires a tune - and likely with support from a piggyback at the least.

If you're feeling brave, good luck! And let us know how it goes. Once again, I get wanting to make the car sound cool. Completely get it.
Just think about what it'll cost you to do so. Remember... despite the brand name etched on this part... the car will not "go fast"er... than this bit suggests.

My best suggestion to you is to try to replace rubber and plastic with metal - whatever you can find - and try to get your satisfaction that way.
Personally, I think the way to make the car fun, and to get it some street cred... is to work on suspension. An SUV with a good stance, and that's fast on the turns will turn more heads than one that makes odd, rather assuming whooshing sounds, but is slower than a 1.3L Civic at... pretty much anything in life.

Reactions: Mountainsofbeer

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've bought from that company before, beautiful cnc aluminum parts. It does seem like the right bolt pattern doesn't it
The EC just isn't the jam for that jelly 😕 Unless you have the manual version maybe it could be fun to hear when you shift. Otherwise you'd have to put the CVT in a simulated gear, and then you could get on and off the throttle to hear the BOV on demand without having the transmission change ratios. Otherwise just having it on there is going to promote fairly abusive behaviors haha :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo en mi Eclipse Cross 2019 cambié la válvula de circulación original por una atmosférica Blow Off marca Forge que usa el Honda Civic Gen10, el tamaño queda perfectamente, pero no funciona porque la computadora detecta falta de aire y se apaga o no acelera, tal vez se pueda acoplar una válvula atmosférica Blow Off en alguno de los tubos o codos de mangera y que funcione al mismo tiempo que la válvula de recirculación pero no lo he intentado

·
Registered
54 Posts
Translation anyone lol
Yo en mi Eclipse Cross 2019 cambié la válvula de circulación original por una atmosférica Blow Off marca Forge que usa el Honda Civic Gen10, el tamaño queda perfectamente, pero no funciona porque la computadora detecta falta de aire y se apaga o no acelera, tal vez se pueda acoplar una válvula atmosférica Blow Off en alguno de los tubos o codos de mangera y que funcione al mismo tiempo que la válvula de recirculación pero no lo he intentado

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Translation anyone lol
"In my Eclipse Cross 2019 I changed the original circulation valve for an atmospheric Blow Off brand Forge that uses the Honda Civic Gen10, the size fits perfectly, but it does not work because the computer detects lack of air and turns off or does not accelerate, maybe An atmospheric Blow Off valve can be attached to one of the pipes or hose elbows and it works at the same time as the recirculation valve but I have not tried"

Ask and you shall receive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "ItIsToAnEclpise, post: 12107, tag: 1558"]
Nos, bárkinek, aki törődik néhány oda-vissza e-mail és néhány kép elküldése után. Azt mondják, ez a BOV úgy tűnik, hogy működni fog, de NEM tesztelték az autóinkhoz. De az ottani srác azt mondta, hogy működnie kell, ha feltételezzük, hogy van elég szabad hely. Úgy tűnik, hogy nem lesz könnyű eljutni. Elég könnyűnek kell lennie ahhoz, hogy többet cseréljen, csak bejutni, és a csavarokat be- és kihúzni, fájdalom lesz.

[URL unfurl = "true"] T9661 DVX DIVERTER VALVE: PERFORMANCE WITH VOLUME CONTROL suits Hyundai, Veloster, Kia - GFB Performance turbo tuning products hyundai-veloster-kia / [/ URL]
[/ IDÉZET]

Helló!

ez a szelep tökéletes! Pontosan illik a helyére. A fújás mértéke állítható, ez fontos! Ha teljesen nyitva van, és fújás után megállunk, az autó leáll! / Sok levegő halad át! / Csak 1/3 szabadon nyitható meg a hang tökéletes! Az alapjáraton csak 600 és 750 fordulat / perc áll rendelkezésre. Várom egy kifejezetten az Eclipse Cross számára kifejlesztett japán elektronikát. Jelentem a változást.

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
And for those of us who don't speak Hungarian ...

Translation:

Hello!

this valve is perfect! It fits exactly in place. The degree of blowing is adjustable, this is important! If it is fully open and we stop after blowing, the car will stop! / A lot of air passes through! / Only 1/3 free to open the sound is perfect! Only 600 and 750 rpm are available at idle. I am looking forward to a Japanese electronics developed specifically for Eclipse Cross. I report the change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Lunatic59, post: 12838, tag: 1341"]
És nekünk, akik nem beszélünk magyarul ...

Fordítás:

Helló!

ez a szelep tökéletes! Pontosan illik a helyére. A fújás mértéke állítható, ez fontos! Ha teljesen nyitva van, és fújás után megállunk, az autó leáll! / Sok levegő halad át! / Csak 1/3 szabadon nyitható meg a hang tökéletes! Alapjáraton csak 600 és 750 fordulat / perc áll rendelkezésre. Várom egy kifejezetten az Eclipse Cross számára kifejlesztett japán elektronikát. Jelentem a változást.
[/ Idézet]

Helló!
sorry gogle translated it back to hungarian for some reason .....

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Helló!
sorry gogle translated it back to hungarian for some reason .....
Not a problem. I wonder how many times it would take to translate back and forth before we got Shakespeare? ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mmmmmmm, Leave well alone I say. I've pushed past 81 WOOOOOOOOOOsh!!!!!!!!!!😄 with 82 coming up in 4 months ahead:eek:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts