Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I'm contemplating to change the chrome grill on my 2020 eclipse cross to the black one but I can't find a clear instruction on how to remove it properly. I am aware of the site with the diagram and it seems pretty straight forward from there but I'm afraid that I will break those tabs on the bottom. I was wondering if anyone have removed them and how difficulty it was. Trying to gauge if it is worth it. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I've tried wrapping it and failed 馃ぃ

Registered
The tabs are quite flimsy and do tend to break easily. When I removed my bumper to install a nudge bar I opted to leave the grille connected to the bumper for fear of breaking them. Made the removal a bit more complex but saved the grille tabs.

Best of luck...

Registered
I put instructions in the photo gallery of my grey eclipse cross. But if you waited until today to do this then maybe you'll read this. When I mention pushing in the two curved tabs on the bottom of the grill I forgot to mention that there are other tabs on the bottom but they pull straight out. That's why I say only those two with a curve matter on the bottom. Look straight down into the grill from above only way to see what's going on.

So all you n33d is a long thin flat head screwdriver and I recommend removing the intake snorkel which is just two 12mm bolts and they are front and center. Then you just pull it off. To put it back you just push it back in, and put the 12mm bolts back in.

After that, You can't just remove the grill you also have to remove the plastic piece above it that has like 8 or 9 small push pins.
Finally the grill itself - two medium sized push pins on top. And that's all. Pop the top loose. Then on the bottom there are two tabs on either side which have a curve to them If i remember right. Push them down with the flat head and move the grill to free them.

The trick is once you have only one lower tab remaining, you have to still hold it away from the car gently or it will want to reattach on the other side you just pressed down on. You can see whats happening by looking straight down into the grill from the top.
*Those automotive style pushpins, you use your flathead to raise the pin in the middle.

There you go, if you read that I hereby qualify you in grilling.

Registered
Nah!! Chrome looks BEST!!!!! 馃槃 馃槃 馃槃 IMHO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the detailed explanation @Mountainsofbeer ! I havent done it yet. I'll probably take a peek at the bottom tabs and see if I'll try doing it.

@Telferstr I agree that the chrome looks good as well thats why im torn 馃ぃ. I just like the black one just a tiny bit thats why if its not worth the hassle I'm totally fine with keeping it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts