Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV for 8 months now. In general I am very satisfied with the car, it is comfortable and suits my needs perfectly - lots of short distance travelling.
But I have encountered a problem regarding unlocking the charging port, when I am leaving the car connected to my home granny charger for around 20 hours and more. In this case I cannot unlock it normally. The car was locked during charging, when I unlock it after this 20 hours, the charging port remains locked. Even if I open the drivers door or any other door, it is still locked.
I had to use the mechanical unlock - opening the plastic cover in the trunk and unlocking it with the rotating the button. Quite a hassle.
There is absolutely no problem, when I start charging in the afternoon/evening, then disconnect it in the morning (12-14 hours). It only happens when it is 20 hours or more.

Do I do something wrong?
Has anybody encountered the same problem?

· Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV
39 Posts
I own a 2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV for 8 months now. In general I am very satisfied with the car, it is comfortable and suits my needs perfectly - lots of short distance travelling.
But I have encountered a problem regarding unlocking the charging port, when I am leaving the car connected to my home granny charger for around 20 hours and more. In this case I cannot unlock it normally. The car was locked during charging, when I unlock it after this 20 hours, the charging port remains locked. Even if I open the drivers door or any other door, it is still locked.
I had to use the mechanical unlock - opening the plastic cover in the trunk and unlocking it with the rotating the button. Quite a hassle.
There is absolutely no problem, when I start charging in the afternoon/evening, then disconnect it in the morning (12-14 hours). It only happens when it is 20 hours or more.

Do I do something wrong?
Has anybody encountered the same problem?
Strange, the same thing happened to me this morning, the car was plugged in all weekend and I was just getting ready to go shopping and the car would not release the plug. I locked and unlocked it several times before it finally released. The first time it has happened.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, the same thing happened to me this morning, the car was plugged in all weekend and I was just getting ready to go shopping and the car would not release the plug. I locked and unlocked it several times before it finally released. The first time it has happened.
Ok, so it is repeatable. Good to know that multiple unlocks can solve this, I did it only twice, wtihout success.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts