Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
That's usually why it's not recommended to drive too aggressively for the first 1k miles or so. Since the P0014 error is a timing spec variance, it could have just been .001° out of the target range to throw the code. You might want to call it to the dealer's attention, just to get it on the record should it turn out to be a defect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's usually why it's not recommended to drive too aggressively for the first 1k miles or so. Since the P0014 error is a timing spec variance, it could have just been .001° out of the target range to throw the code. You might want to call it to the dealer's attention, just to get it on the record should it turn out to be a defect.
I couldn't get it to come back. I did let the dealer know. They want to see the car if the code comes back.
To be fair to the car, 65 isn't pushing too hard for most cars, but EC really has to put in the effort to get there!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I couldn't get it to come back. I did let the dealer know. They want to see the car if the code comes back.
To be fair to the car, 65 isn't pushing too hard for most cars, but EC really has to put in the effort to get there!
The 65 with effort sounds strange. My EC is up to 80mph in no time if you let, and very easily indeed. Think your car needs looking at pightlysitful
I have a manual 6speed gearbox EC, as apposed to the CVT transmission. Even so, something seems amiss and believe your car needs looking at. Hope you can get it sorted
soon, so you can enjoy your car to the full.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts