Eclipse Cross Forum banner

Climate control?

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Lunatic59 
#1 ·
How does one simply use the blower fan with no heat or A/C? Just to bring in fresh air? I have tried every button combination I can think of but i cannot figure this out. This morning it was in the low 50's and that would have been perfectly fine, but if i enabled the fan, it turned on the cabin temperature. The lowest I can set it to is 62F° before it enables the A/C. If i set it to anything higher, the heat is on until the cabin temp hits the target.

I've been turning everything off and opening the windows for fresh air, but at highway speeds it's a bit much.

#3 ·
I have it on LO setting for both passenger/driver side.
Then press the ^ arrow and the fan and a/cond starts.
Then I turn off the a/condioner (press A/C) button and the fans just blows air from outside.
Make sure the recirculating button is off too.

#6 ·
I just confirmed that it does behave as I originally thought. If I set the climate control to 'LO' the A/C comes on, the fan ramps up and it's set to recirculate. Those controls do not respond while LO is displayed. As soon as i tap the up arrow it goes to 62 and I can then turn off the A/C and recirculate functions, but if the cabin temperature is lower than 62, the heat comes on.

In my '11 Outlander, it had the knob style controls and if you turned the temperature knob fully counter-clockwise to cool, there was a "MAX" setting which immediately turned on the A/C and would not disengage until you turned it one click up from the MAX setting. Looks like Mitsubishi cooked that into the digital controls. :(

#7 ·
I can confirm @Ecco's post for us in Australia. Setting the temp to LO and then turning on the fan starts the A/C automatically but hitting the A/C button turns it off and any temperature adjustment doesn't see the A/C reactivated. I am able to control the fan speed when the temp is set to LO and the A/C is off. Having said that, we would not see the low temperatures that you would see in a snowy US winter. 27 deg C here today and it was 33 deg C yesterday. Late Indian summer after all the heavy rain.

#10 ·
We kind of skipped winter this year. Almost no snow and mild temperatures. Normally the jet stream will drag cold air down from Canada for for the winter, but it decided to hang out over Alaska this year. That's okay, i'd rather not have another episode of the polar vortex like we had a few years back (prolonged sub-zero temps)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.