Eclipse Cross Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
On dealerships they will try to make you pay for everything they do ? It’s well within warranty I'm surprised they’ve not done the cage modification then they would/should have checked the clutch plate during the process of changing the cage ?
the oil had some benefit but the cage made a good change! Still far from being great but the gear selection is better but revs after everything is better but still hard to get the bite on a clutch pedal ?
hope this helps ?
Thanks for your reply Kevg, I just wish I had some document reference I could hit them with!

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a clutch upgrade so ask them to do that !
Then tell them that when they do that they can check your clutch for wear ? If it’s gone after 2 years ? Claim it’s because of the clutch plate and that it should be changed under warranty?
Worse case pay for a clutch plate which isn’t going to break the bank ?
the main thing is to do research into Mitsubishi tech bulletins on line which should come up with the info
Which I wish I’d kept !!
above all keep pushing the dealership!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a clutch upgrade so ask them to do that !
Then tell them that when they do that they can check your clutch for wear ? If it’s gone after 2 years ? Claim it’s because of the clutch plate and that it should be changed under warranty?
Worse case pay for a clutch plate which isn’t going to break the bank ?
the main thing is to do research into Mitsubishi tech bulletins on line which should come up with the info
Which I wish I’d kept !!
above all keep pushing the dealership!!
Just received a message from the dealer that Mitsubishi have accepted the repair and labour for the Clutch Plate Cover but not the Clutch itself.
The cost for the Clutch is £400+vat, which is a lot better than £1600!
I intend to pursue Mitsubishi on the strength that, as you say, the modified plate should have been changed when the car originally went in when new. No doubt the clutch would be ok if this was the case.
Thanks to this forum that gave me the information to argue with the dealer and also Mitsubishi. The dealer hadn't a clue until I told them about the bulletin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah that’s standard answer and all of a sudden it just appears on there emails !! Lol
Bare in mind that your only after a clutch plate not the flywheel or cage now that price seems awfully high just for one part ?
seen one on eurocarparts for £90
But i would push that if ? The plate is worn it’s due to the problem you’ve had with the car ?
our gear problem was called a characteristic and this was when the service manager had sat in my car and couldn’t put it into gear himself?
now I don’t know if you been having the problem selecting first from neutral and a grating noise as it goes in second but add to that the inability to find a bite on the clutch seems like a problem that would cause premature clutch failure ?
Don’t give up as They will not concede it’s their fault!
Also average clutches should last between 30 - 100,000 miles ?
hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah that’s standard answer and all of a sudden it just appears on there emails !! Lol
Bare in mind that your only after a clutch plate not the flywheel or cage now that price seems awfully high just for one part ?
seen one on eurocarparts for £90
But i would push that if ? The plate is worn it’s due to the problem you’ve had with the car ?
our gear problem was called a characteristic and this was when the service manager had sat in my car and couldn’t put it into gear himself?
now I don’t know if you been having the problem selecting first from neutral and a grating noise as it goes in second but add to that the inability to find a bite on the clutch seems like a problem that would cause premature clutch failure ?
Don’t give up as They will not concede it’s their fault!
Also average clutches should last between 30 - 100,000 miles ?
hope this helps
Thanks Kevg, I'll use this in my next debate I have with them!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts