Eclipse Cross Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Guys, we have a 1.5Ltr Mitsubishi eclipse cross hatchback 3 5 door. 2018.

Today at 35K the clutch has gone, I have never had a clutch problem before on any car. The garage are fault finding, but everyone has been quick to suggest that this is wear and tear and wont be covered under service plan or warranty.

Since reading this post I have noticed a few things:

Our car has been a nightmare from starting with a stall - someone mentions this above, does anyone know the software number that was causing this and more over how I can find out when this software was done if at all on the car?

It has been problematic at times when trying to engage 1st gear, you need to lift the clutch and depress it again.

The last few days we noticed is was revving a little high with little to no extra push.

Does anyone know how you can find out of the recall suggested above is applicable to your car? Or if they have carried it out?

Does any of this sound familiar to people, I would like to know of as many cases that Mitsubishi supported and which they didn't.
the software update was in november 2019
applies to all with manual transmission 2018-2019
from 2020 the software will already be installed at the factory.
This is a weak start up to the engine stalling. In some cases, the pressure plate was replaced if necessary

·
Registered
2 Posts
the software update was in november 2019
applies to all with manual transmission 2018-2019
from 2020 the software will already be installed at the factory.
This is a weak start up to the engine stalling. In some cases, the pressure plate was replaced if necessary
Cheers for this, it'll help when i have my call today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

there was a recall campaign for the clutch in germany in november 2019,

I got a new clutch on guarantee

is only for manual clutch eclipse cross produktion date 2017 -2019

there is a throttle software update and a new pressure plate
(official return paper from mitsubishi for manual clutch with problems)

best regards
Hi Joejoe

can you please send me a link to that recall complain for the clutch and taken actions?
Thank you
Ange

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can be 100% sure if you are having the stall problem the software has not been upgraded.
Any decent Mitsubishi dealer will know all about the software upgrade to cure that proble once and for all. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT> Do not take no for and answer.
There are a number of post dealing with the clutch and second gear selection problems and if you can read through them, this would give you plenty of information about how to go about getting the dealer to fix it properly. Again do not accept the common response from a dealer , which is , Oh that's characteristic of the car. Its not and can be fixed.
Some clutch problems are cause by air in the hydraulic system operating the clutch, and is usually cured by having the clutch hydraulic system bled through to ensure that no air is in the system.
There is a modification which was the subject of a Service Bulletin which involved fitting a new modified Clutch assembly. again this is detailed in a number of previous posts.
I'll see if I can find one one and let you know which section to look in.
Hope you manage to get things sorted out because my Eclipse cross is an absolute pleasure to drive and have had very few problems with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can be 100% sure if you are having the stall problem the software has not been upgraded.
Any decent Mitsubishi dealer will know all about the software upgrade to cure that proble once and for all. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT> Do not take no for and answer.
There are a number of post dealing with the clutch and second gear selection problems and if you can read through them, this would give you plenty of information about how to go about getting the dealer to fix it properly. Again do not accept the common response from a dealer , which is , Oh that's characteristic of the car. Its not and can be fixed.
Some clutch problems are cause by air in the hydraulic system operating the clutch, and is usually cured by having the clutch hydraulic system bled through to ensure that no air is in the system.
There is a modification which was the subject of a Service Bulletin which involved fitting a new modified Clutch assembly. again this is detailed in a number of previous posts.
I'll see if I can find one one and let you know which section to look in.
Hope you manage to get things sorted out because my Eclipse cross is an absolute pleasure to drive and have had very few problems with it.
T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much Telferstr for your advice. I called Mitsubishi customer services few weeks ago as the issue was getting worse. I was told to contact a dealer. The car was booked for the 5th October for a Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) software to be fitted. I told them about all the issues I am having with car. They told me that there is nothing they can help me with as it is the result of wear and tear of the clutch and that this is not covered by the warranty. I was so disgusted. I bought it last year October. It has done 17000 miles and I haven’t even done 6000 miles since I had it. I am working long day tomorrow. I will contact Mitsubishi customer services and the dealers on Tuesday. It looks as they are just taking the piece. I am just mentally drained. Please if you can find that bulletin and other information that I can use the fight the case, I will appreciate. In meantime thank you for your support

I took the car last Wednesday to Mitsubishi Dealer in Cannock West Midlands. They had the car all day. I collected in the evening

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did they manage to sort out the problem.
If you go the the section welcoming new members and look under clutcb failure, there could be information there that could be of help

21 - 27 of 27 Posts