Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Does any happen to know if it's possible for service personel to adjust CVT so that it would use a little bit higher revs when using D position? Sometimes I feel that engine tries to use too low revs and it's generating low vibrations especially in cruise mode about 80km/h? I would not like to use manual shifting. I had before Subaru XV 2.0 and I guess the bigger engine made it run more smoothly on low revs.

Regards

Cazzy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Cazzy, Welcome to the forums. :)

My instinct tells me that regular dealer service wouldn't have the ability to adjust shift positions, but you might want to have them look at it anyway because my EC definitely tend to err on the high side of the revs. Also check to see if you're running in ECO mode, which will drop down the shift points for economy.

The Subaru XV 2.0 has a larger engine (2.0L) but it delivers the exact same horsepower as the Eclipse Cross (152hp). More importantly, the Eclipse Cross delivers considerably more low end torque than the Subaru boxer engine, so in theory, the Eclipse Cross should be smoother ... unless you have the diesel version.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts