Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, anyone managed to turn off the day running led while idling? It stays on as long as the engine is on but sometimes I just need the air-con on while parked but I don't want to be noticed with the LEDs and the rear brake lights on.

Is there a way to disable it?

Thank you

·
Registered
325 Posts
Short of pulling the main fuse in the engine bay I doubt there is a way. There are no options in the Settings of either the dash or the head unit that allow this. From an Aussie stand point, and probably North America as well, DRL's are required to be on whenever the vehicle is running. It has become a standard safety issue like the high level stop light. I can not find anything relating to this function in the workshop or technical manuals.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Start the car with the E break on DLR will stay off until brake is released
Not in Australia. The DRL's illuminate at all times the ignition is one and/or the engine is running. Applying the parking brake has no affect here. May be the same in @lycan part of the world. In Oz we are not required to have rear tail lights illuminated when running only the front DRL's so this is a difference for them as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts