Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, our Eclipse Cross SEL hasn't been used in a while since early spring and the other day was the first time we used it in Hotlanta....excited to drive it again, lo & behold...AC isnt working and vents just blowing warm air....tried all climate control settings, even the changed the settings on the multimedia screen with no luck, checked all the fuses at the fuse/relay box in the engine bay and all looked good...initially thought, refrigerant must have leaked and need to be recharged.....found that the EC was actually using the more delicate/flammable R-1234YF refrigerant,,,,.gave up and created an appointment to two dealership at different dates, one was even quoting me upfront $165 just for A/C diagnostics alone.....then yesterday, while waiting at the parking lot on the wifey doing some grocery, the OCD on me kicked in and looked again on the engine bay relay/fuse box and voila!!!…there is actually a relay in there intended for the ac compressor itself…swapped it with a similar relay (Panasonic 8627A030) for the horn , it started cooling....just no horn for now, LOL!

Today, researching about this relay and found that this particular relay had a lot of issues in the Mitsu Evo Forums particularly the fuel pump relay failing. Reading along and made me decide to order the best recommended replacement would be the Omron MR122409.
Black Fuel Pump Relay - Dead One Cut Open - Pics - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community
After pulling fuel pump relay, car starts right up! Help! - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a problem with AC too but only when it gets over 95ish , before that it worked fine. Mind you it’s been a while since I turned the AC on. But my car has done this since it was new . How much is that replacement relay?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a problem with AC too but only when it gets over 95ish , before that it worked fine. Mind you it’s been a while since I turned the AC on. But my car has done this since it was new . How much is that replacement relay?
Sorry for the late reply....the oem panasonic relay sells for$20.......I just got the more lieable Omron MR122409 instead used from Ebay for just $4 for two, they were pulled from vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts