Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a strange decision the Italian police force has decided to add the EC to their lineup. It wont be a pursuit vehicle but will instead be used as a transport car for various samples,documents etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think they just wanted a new plaything.

Here's the video of the presentation:
Near the end you can see them driving it with the lights flashing.

I really like how they've done the red stripes. When the camera pans around to the back of the car you can see how the striping was inspired by the red lines of the split rear window.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think it looks pretty neat with the special badging and decals. Sure it wont be viable for any hot pursuits, but its a nice little addition to their stable.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't understand why people in this thread think its weird that the EC can't perform in a chase, how often do they even occur?

Radio systems and other resources police have are far more useful, V8 and RWD only does so much.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More often then not police are actually encouraged not to pursue fleeing suspects. High speed chases endanger the lives of other people on the road.

·
Registered
192 Posts
More often then not police are actually encouraged not to pursue fleeing suspects. High speed chases endanger the lives of other people on the road.
Often it creates more problems than it solves and there's nothing worse than a fatality happening because police gave chase, fingers start getting pointed at the force.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is pretty surprising, you'd think they would go with one of the Italian companies or another European brand for their cop cars. But I'm not complaining because the EC looks great in this design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts