Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Eclipse Cross PHEV model Intense
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand New 1600km, 18inch wheels, is not doing a smooth ride in speedrange 30-55 kms/hour. It shakes a bit and it bumps. The whole car bump s, not only the steeringwheel.
Dealer first checked the screwing of the wheels(?), tightend the screws and let out some air from the tyres, hoping this would solve the probleem.
Problem still remained.
Then dealer has balanced the wheels, because he found a big unbalance in the wheels.
Probleem still not gone.

Talking to some other people at this Mitsubishi location, one technician said he found a similar problem with an Outlander PHEV and that there is a problem with weight and suspension.
When I suggested it may be a design problem, he more or less agreed.

Next week they have another Eclipse PHEV available which I can use to see if that car has the same problem.

Anybody experiencing the same shaking and bumping???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The brandnew Demo car also shakes and bumps. Not as much as my own, but stil not nice.
So, now the tyres will be investigated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got my Eclipse back. Tyre pressure was set to 1.0 bar, then they did some driving until the tyres got warm. Tyre pressure set to 4.5 and then some driving. Tyre pressure back to normal. Looks like shaking and bumping is back to normal proporsions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got my Eclipse back. Tyre pressure was set to 1.0 bar, then they did some driving until the tyres got warm. Tyre pressure set to 4.5 and then some driving. Tyre pressure back to normal. Looks like shaking and bumping is back to normal proporsions.
ours was PSI so 1.0 bar is way too soft and 4.5 is way too hard too cause you all kinds of unusual bumps......2.5bar or 35 PSI should be more like it.

wonder why you didn't get any TPMS warnings at all?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ours was PSI so 1.0 bar is way too soft and 4.5 is way too hard too cause you all kinds of unusual bumps......2.5bar or 35 PSI should be more like it.

wonder why you didn't get any TPMS warnings at all?
This low and high pressure was applied as part of the problemsolving. Now the problem seems to be solved.
Suspension is harder than my previous car. Nissan Xtrail. So I also have to get used to this suspension. The Eclipse has a much better grip on the road. Although the Xtrail was very good aswell.

My Eclipse is a basic model and has no tpms as far as I know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This low and high pressure was applied as part of the problemsolving. Now the problem seems to be solved.
Suspension is harder than my previous car. Nissan Xtrail. So I also have to get used to this suspension. The Eclipse has a much better grip on the road. Although the Xtrail was very good aswell.

My Eclipse is a basic model and has no tpms as far as I know.
the Xtrail and Eclipse had two different tire profiles....thus air pressure and performance/play are way different....so you have your EC tires to 4.5bar right now?.....65 PSI is damn way overboard and will cause to blow out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts