Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this video review of the Eclipse Cross. The guys over at TFLnow seem to think that Mitsubishi has packaged some incredible value in their latest offering.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of steering feel, but that's fine so long as you can get a good sense of what the front wheels are doing. You can definitely tell he's not a fan of CVTs. :D It's really fine IMHO, but he doesn't like how long the rpm is held before it drops.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After driving around this week, I can kinda understand what he means. To me, after the car gets rolling and the rpm’s drop, that’s when I feel the turbo kick in and it kinda pulls a little. I am very happy with the performance this little guy gives me. I have had no trouble going around slower vehicles and it goes up hills without drama. For just a shade over 150 hp, I have to say it has some go to it. I have however noticed that it does not like crosswinds too much, I find myself putting in a little steering input to keep it straight. That’s just being nit picky though lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the turbo really helps to make up for the traditional weaknesses that are found in CVT's. It was a really smart move by Mitsubishi to use one here. It's probably only a matter of time until we see all CVT's adopt Toyota's new launch gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts