Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EC burns nearly 1L of oil between oil changing interval (5000km). This is unusual as started very recently. Preliminary diagnosis points faulty Turbo unit causing oil leak. Have you got this issue?

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a modified piston ring on later models. I have seen a few of these using 3 1/2 litres in 15000kms. It is not and upgradeable part though, and a modified engine is fitted in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a modified piston ring on later models. I have seen a few of these using 3 1/2 litres in 15000kms. It is not and upgradeable part though, and a modified engine is fitted in place.
I too noticed, 2020
You must be reffering to this
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Number

However, this issue started from 25000 km. Spark plugs do not show any sign of oil consumption. But,turbo to intercooler hose got some oil deposites. Dealer is suspecting a turbo failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you observe it on the modified one or the earlier one. Mine is 2018 manufactured done only 35000 km. I am really disapointing on mitsubishi quality.

Do you recommend me to use 5W30, which is recommended for Japan. Presently I am using 0w20.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No it does not. But for here, it is what we use..

Not all cars have the problem for some reason. And some use more oil than others.

We have replaced 3 engines and have another 4 being monitored for oil comsumption. But we see around 30 of these a week with no problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it does not. But for here, it is what we use..

Not all cars have the problem for some reason. And some use more oil than others.

We have replaced 3 engines and have another 4 being monitored for oil comsumption. But we see around 30 of these a week with no problems
It is really strange why some only getting the problem, may be construction material issue of a series of vehicles.

Did you guys dismantle an engine and checked what has happened, is it clogged oil scraper rings? in mine, spark plugs do not show any sign of oil burning, no oil stains!!! Here dealer has got no clue and they are suspecting turbo failure by noting some oil residue in the compression side hoses. But I believe this is a false diagnosis.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We did not strip the engine down. All the checks we did over the time frame of a few months were enough for Mitsubishi Australia to condemn the motor.

It is unusual that only a few of them are really bad, and other not so bad. The new ones are great though, I have a 22MY and it doesnt use a drop of oil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We did not strip the engine down. All the checks we did over the time frame of a few months were enough for Mitsubishi Australia to condemn the motor.

It is unusual that only a few of them are really bad, and other not so bad. The new ones are great though, I have a 22MY and it doesnt use a drop of oil
It could be a group of vehicles produced in a particular duration, mine is 2018 March. It would be interesting to tear it down and see where the problem is? I am wondering it could be a faulty turbocharger since no evidence of oil passing through piston rings.

I am using the vehicle for short trips, but the oil change was done timely "either within 6 months" or within 5000 km. Always used Valvoline 0W20 fully synthetic and genuine oil filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts