Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I positioned the dash cam [Nextbase 312GW] in the passenger seat part of the windscreen, if that makes sense, well to the left of the shaded area around the sensors. This does not appear to have had any effect upon the FCM system which operates normally. It is hardwired though not Bluetooth and not connected in any way to the rear camera.

·
Registered
345 Posts
a general claim of dashcams interfereing with FCM is not universally true.
Check this forum for owners who have reported issues with dash cams mounted in that area. It is a reported issue addressed in the manual generally and in tech notes specifically. Your opinion is noted but experiences here and on other forums suggests otherwise. Mounted in the windscreen are lasers which are used, in conjunction with the bumper mounted radar, to plot the location of objects ahead. The tech note I have seen noted that dash cams should be mounted either to the left or the right of centre away from the systems as @Pevans has done.

·
Registered
345 Posts
These sensors are also instrumental in other safety systems:

Adapative cruise control
Lane departure warning
Auto high beam

This is off topic for this thread so I'll end my comments here...

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
1st gear problem

Hi I had the same problem with clutch control in 1st gear.
My Eclipse cross 4 on pull away bogged down like a diesel with no turbo, so you give it more throttle then instant 160bhp with wheels spinning....
I took it back to Mitsubishi and they remapped the car and adjusted the fly by wire throttle body, the car now performs perfectly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone have had the car for 4 weeks now, loving the car but I have a little problem with clutch control with first gear the engine wants to stall, it happens occasionally has anybody had the same problem.
My Eclipse cross 4 on pull away bogged down like a diesel with no turbo, so you give it more throttle then instant 160bhp with wheels spinning....
I took it back to Mitsubishi and they remapped the car and adjusted the fly by wire throttle body, the car now performs perfectly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is good that you solved that problem.

So what do you feel with the gas throttle and performance now with the new remap?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Thats good to know mate, im having the same issues, wheel spins especially when trying to pull away on a hill. Are you in the uk?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I will be raising this issue with my dealer when it goes in for its first service with them in May
I have mainly got used to it, but it cant still catch you out now and then and is very annoying when it happens.
See you are in Scotalnd. The dealer I use is about 20 miles from home in Linwood Paisley, and to date have found them to be very good, having used them to look after my previous ASX and hoping for the same with the EC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just to confirm that my car was in for its annual service last Friday with a special appointment due to Lockdown, and the service engineers updated the throttle software which has cured the stall problem completely.
No special thinking needed now to control the throttle or clutch pedals, you just get in and drive. Having got used to the problem by giving the engine extra revs to compensate for the problem, you no longer have to do this, making the car even more pleasurable to drive.
Anyone still experiencing this problem with a manual gearbox car, get in touch with your Dealer and have them upgrade the throttle control software. The difference is like night and day.

Reactions: Rıfat
21 - 30 of 30 Posts