Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding that when I fill my tank completely, the gauge shows three quarters full for about half an hour before indicating it's full.

Even the next day, I turn on the car and despite the tank being full, it shows as 3/4 full for about 1/2 hour.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Or does your fuel gauge work as most do and show full immediately after filling? :confused:

Got to say, it often seems like I am posting and answering my own questions, there are always heaps of views to most posts, however, people seem too shy to reply? :devil:

Registered
Mine works just fine. And stays full for a while on the gauge.

What I noticed though is that it goes down fast when ECO mode is off. Maybe I'm just too excited hitting the gas when its off. 馃槄

As for the replies... [guilty of charge]
I'm here mostly to learn. Not much to share.

Peace!

Registered
Are you parked on level ground when you fill up your vehicle and leave it overnight? If not, it will take a while before it settles to the accurate reading.

Registered
I wonder if that means that Mitsubishi cheaped out a bit on their fuel sensor in the EC or if the issue is with the gauge itself. If the voltage is a bit low, that could be causing the delay you are seeing.

Registered
I'm having a bad gas odor coming from the inside and outside of my eclipse cross for the past 3 months. It's getting to where my wife doesn't want to drive it because it gives her headaches. I've even had people come to the outside of the vehicle and asked if I had a fuel leak

Registered
Old Salt,
Did you get your fuel gauge reading sorted. Mine reads out perfectly after filling, so have no problem.
Reading through various posts and trying to catch up with things.

Registered
Too bad TSB's aren't made public like how recalls are. It would help us address issues sooner and be on the same page as they get released.

Registered
I am finding that when I fill my tank completely, the gauge shows three quarters full for about half an hour before indicating it's full.

Even the next day, I turn on the car and despite the tank being full, it shows as 3/4 full for about 1/2 hour.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Or does your fuel gauge work as most do and show full immediately after filling? :confused:

Got to say, it often seems like I am posting and answering my own questions, there are always heaps of views to most posts, however, people seem too shy to reply? :devil:
Did you ever get it figured out? We have been having the same issue on our new cross and despite a dozen trips to the dealer for a week or two at a time they can鈥檛 seem to figure it out or get it fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts