Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I bought my Eclipse Cross Model GK1W Engine 4B40 FWD 2 months ago. I bought it new but this is an old leftover stock from Japan (imported new). The big issue I had was the electric fuel pump (sending unit) in the tank failed last month. This car is not under warranty and my mechanic some how managed to replace the fuel pump motor with Denso alternative pump. The confidence level of this part functioning perfectly over long period of time down the road is not really there, hence I am thinking of getting a new complete set of the fuel pump assembly comes with filter......does anyone know if this assembly part is shared with other manufacturer brand i.e Nissan or other Mitsubishi Models i.e outlander or Xpander since actual OEM is Denso ? the price for the actual complete unit is just too expensive when buying using Mitsubishi part number.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi All,
I bought my Eclipse Cross Model GK1W Engine 4B40 FWD 2 months ago. I bought it new but this is an old leftover stock from Japan (imported new). The big issue I had was the electric fuel pump (sending unit) in the tank failed last month. This car is not under warranty and my mechanic some how managed to replace the fuel pump motor with Denso alternative pump. The confidence level of this part functioning perfectly over long period of time down the road is not really there, hence I am thinking of getting a new complete set of the fuel pump assembly comes with filter......does anyone know if this assembly part is shared with other manufacturer brand i.e Nissan or other Mitsubishi Models i.e outlander or Xpander since actual OEM is Denso ? the price for the actual complete unit is just too expensive when buying using Mitsubishi part number.
The Denso might be even better than the OEM one (which even prematurely failed). If I were you, I'd stick with it.

It has the same vehicle fitment with the Outlander or the Outlander Sport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Denso might be even better than the OEM one (which even prematurely failed). If I were you, I'd stick with it.

It has the same vehicle fitment with the Outlander or the Outlander Sport.
thank you Col.TED ....I'll checkout my local market on Outlander's fuel sending assembly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts