Eclipse Cross Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I see that a lot of you leave the ECO mode off. Does anyone know what that mode actually does? I've been driving with it on and working on driving conservatively but if I can get the same MPG without the eco, i will. 2019 Cross SEL...
In the manuel transmission models it doesn't affect so much. Just a little bit less throttle response. No rpm limit either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the manuel transmission models it doesn't affect so much. Just a little bit less throttle response. No rpm limit either.
Hi.
I'm in England, yes - I leave Eco mode off.
If I'm honest , the fuel used is very similar to when eco is on.
I've seen somewhere that when eco mode is on , the engine shuts down two cylinders !
So , it really struggles to get any power - so it works much harder to full away.
And to a degree can harm the engine slightly!
So... I leave Eco mode off , and recording approx 28 to 30mpg.
Just drive more gently, and only floor it when you need too 😉

·
Registered
187 Posts
Best mileage yet today at 37.7 mpg. I'm back to my daily 34 mile commute but now with the A/C on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I managed 39mpg recently, eco mode on - drove conservatively for 20 miles.
With air con on too.
Mines 4wd auto 2019 , it's only done 4'500 miles.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From what I understand about the U.S. and U.K. gallon difference, 39mpg U/.K. converts to about 32.5mpg U.S.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We went food shopping today to Largs about 9miles from home. Its a pleasant run with the road running close to the sea shore (Firth of Clyde) most of the way.
With Lockdown restrictions easing the road was much busier than it has been, so progress was pedestrian, with speeds between 35 mph and 45mph, which produced a miles per gallon read out of 57.6 MILES PER GALLON ( Imperial Gallons), the best yet for this regular journey.:LOL: The road back was clearer and drove back a bit faster and achieved 47.5 mpg,. but still a good return. Should have taken a photo of the readout, and will try and remember to do so if I can achieve that figure again.
Its all in the right FOOT.:ROFLMAO:, but a better figure than I ever achieved with my previous ASX (Outlander Sport in USA) with a 1.6 Diesel engine.

Reactions: Lunatic59

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's impressive! My top reading of 38 mpg US works out to around 47 mpg UK. How you were able to get 57.6 mpg is beyond me, unless it was downhill for most of the way. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I really don't know, I did use 6th gear a lot (manual gearbox), with the engine lightly loaded when possible, so maybe that helped. We live at the top of a hill but that and one other hill a mile further on is all there is. I put it down to the leisurely pace of the traffic ahead, The road twists and turns a bit following the coast line, with just one or two areas you can safely overtake slower traffic, which was not possible yesterday. The best I have achieved on this run before was a reading of 53mpg, which I thought to be very good indeed.
How it managed 57.6mpg is a mystery. Maybe just a blip, who knows. On longer journeys to Edinburgh, can usually achieve 39/41mpg using the Motorway most of the way there, travelling at 70mph when possible.
Will see what it does on our next trip to Largs.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts