Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me in.
I don’t yet own an EC but am looking at buying a black Exceed (XLXPlus since they don’t have a chip for some stuff) soon.
A couple of things during my recent test drive have me questioning the purchase.
The reversing camera , was hard to see the screen but I’m not sure if it was just the angle of the car/sun at that exact time and the sound system.
Can a sub be added without having a huge box in the cargo area ? And wants everybody’s experience with the screen while reversing ?
cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Andrew,
Usually get a very good and clear picture of the view behind the car.
From some angles, where the sun can shine directly into the camera, can diminish the picture strength a little. However I find it still gives quite an acceptable picture.
With regard to the sound system my car has the standard set-up without the large speakers in the boot area, and find it okay and perfect for my needs.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
I've never had a problem with the sun shining on the screen or the camera. It's always been pretty clear for me as well. I have the U.S. Touring package which includes the 710W Rockford-Fosgate sound system, including subwoofer in the back. Since manufacturers don't generally make fram changes for trim levels, I would suspect that there is space for a subwoofer (and probably a wiring harness). You could cut the existing trim to fit it in, or you could check out a salvage yard or aftermarket store for the interior trim with the subwoofer mount on it.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
In the US on the passenger side in the rear, opposite the fuel tank filler neck. Not sure if it would be the reverse for you.

·
Registered
576 Posts
In the US on the passenger side in the rear, opposite the fuel tank filler neck. Not sure if it would be the reverse for you.
We didn't get the Rockford Fosgate premium sound options here in Australia until the current model which has the updated audio system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went through the settings and found the equalizer but couldn’t find a sub control , the sound was “lacking” for what if a better word

·
Registered
576 Posts
I went through the settings and found the equalizer but couldn’t find a sub control , the sound was “lacking” for what if a better word
The premium system has a PUNCH slider which controls the bass of the sub. Without that system you won't see the option. I find that setting the bass a little higher and then selecting Rock in the presets menu assists but then I adjust the sound output of my phone to give the desired punch of the bass frequency. I get a fairly good boom but nothing to compete with a dedicated sub. My previous Mitsubishi Pajero had Rockford Fosgate with the PUNCH settings and I could get some serious bass out of that sub.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m getting out of an Audi A6 that’s got a great sound system so I might need to beef up the EC

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
I had the Rockford-Fosgate system in my Outlander along with the sun roof. Since those options were only available on the EC in the SEL trim level with the touring package, I had to go fully loaded. Anything less would seem as a downgrade. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not going to sacrifice creature comforts for dirty old money. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts