Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me in.
I don’t yet own an EC but am looking at buying a black Exceed (XLXPlus since they don’t have a chip for some stuff) soon.
A couple of things during my recent test drive have me questioning the purchase.
The reversing camera , was hard to see the screen but I’m not sure if it was just the angle of the car/sun at that exact time and the sound system.
Can a sub be added without having a huge box in the cargo area ? And wants everybody’s experience with the screen while reversing ?
cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Andrew,
Usually get a very good and clear picture of the view behind the car.
From some angles, where the sun can shine directly into the camera, can diminish the picture strength a little. However I find it still gives quite an acceptable picture.
With regard to the sound system my car has the standard set-up without the large speakers in the boot area, and find it okay and perfect for my needs.

·
Super Moderator
508 Posts
I've never had a problem with the sun shining on the screen or the camera. It's always been pretty clear for me as well. I have the U.S. Touring package which includes the 710W Rockford-Fosgate sound system, including subwoofer in the back. Since manufacturers don't generally make fram changes for trim levels, I would suspect that there is space for a subwoofer (and probably a wiring harness). You could cut the existing trim to fit it in, or you could check out a salvage yard or aftermarket store for the interior trim with the subwoofer mount on it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I went through the settings and found the equalizer but couldn’t find a sub control , the sound was “lacking” for what if a better word
The premium system has a PUNCH slider which controls the bass of the sub. Without that system you won't see the option. I find that setting the bass a little higher and then selecting Rock in the presets menu assists but then I adjust the sound output of my phone to give the desired punch of the bass frequency. I get a fairly good boom but nothing to compete with a dedicated sub. My previous Mitsubishi Pajero had Rockford Fosgate with the PUNCH settings and I could get some serious bass out of that sub.

·
Super Moderator
508 Posts
I had the Rockford-Fosgate system in my Outlander along with the sun roof. Since those options were only available on the EC in the SEL trim level with the touring package, I had to go fully loaded. Anything less would seem as a downgrade. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not going to sacrifice creature comforts for dirty old money. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.