Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First time on any forum so bare with me. Also from south Australia.
Bought new black edition just before Xmas,( wife,s car). All going well until she told me hands free was not working.
She has Iphone 11 which hooks to bluetooth without any problem. The problem is when she receives call while driving
all info comes up on car info screen, who's calling etc, but the ring/sound is not coming through the cars speakers.
She can answer call from car controls, but any sound is only coming out of phone.
I've done all the trouble shooting I can but cannot solve the problem.
I'm hoping someone out there can help out before I head back to the dealer.
Many thanks Paul A

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just check when call is received that phone is actually using bluetooth for audio. i think you get 6 boxes showing on iphone screen, and top right shows which route audio is taking. Also try turning volume up on phone and radio when call is in progress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DibbyDibbyDJ.
Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go in the morning & report back.
Assistance much appreciated.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have you set your volume settings in the Phone Functions screen [HOME>Phone>Settings]. Level may be low. This is separate to the audio volume settings for audio playback. Not sure with Bluetooth but, with CarPlay, the steering wheel audio controls increase the call volume when a phone call is in progress. The system displays a 6 segment bar on the car screen as the audio is increased or decreased in the same way the audio volume displays when adjusted.

Never been a fan of Bluetooth in cars since I installed it in my Mitsubishi Verada back almost 20 years ago. CarPlay is the better connectivity for me. You get everything from the phone in the head unit and handsfree using Siri dialing just works. I know many people just want the phone to connect without cables to the car but it can be fraught with issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all.
With the 2 replys I got regarding bluetooth issue I have solved the problem. The Iphone was not set to bluetooth audio, so as soon as that was done it worked. The volume was low, so with Zarbs reply that was also solved. Many thanks to those who replied.
Cheers Paul A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts